The University of Houston-Downtown seeks to provide fair and objective procedures for addressing student complaints. The purpose of the Student Complaint Form is to provide students with an avenue to submit a concern or complaint that could not be resolved directly with the involved individuals and/or departments.
All complaints should initially be addressed in
accordance with the Student Handbook, UHD policies and procedures, and UH System Administrative Memoranda. If a process
or procedure was not followed, the Student Complaint form will be forwarded to the
appropriate department. Submitting this form does not absolve a student's responsibility
for following policies or procedures, nor that the requested resolution can or will
- For issues related to Title IX/Sexual Misconduct, please complete the Sexual Misconduct Form.
- For issues related to discrimination of a protected class, please complete the Title IX Form.
- For issues related to academic appeals, grades, professors, please contact the academic department of the course.
- For issues related to non-academic appeals, please complete the Appeal Request Form.
- For issues related to student conduct, please complete the Student Conduct Incident Report Form.
NOTE: The Student Complaint Form should not be used to report emergencies and/or criminal activity. Please direct emergencies and reports of a crime to UHD Police at 713-221-8065.
Written acknowledgement of receipt of the Student Complaint Form can be expected within one (1) business day.Submit a Student Complaint Form.