The Office of Human Resources (HR) strives to make employees' separation/transition from UHD as smooth as possible. Employees must secure clearance from all areas identified on the Separation Clearance Guidelines before their last day of employment. Employees should provide their immediate supervisor with a resignation letter at least two weeks prior to the effective date of termination that clearly states the reason(s) for separation and final day of employment.
Immediately upon receiving notice of the employee's separation, the department Administrative Assistant or Department Business Administrator is responsible for initiating the online Separation Clearance Process. The separating employee should not initiate this process. For instructions on how to initiate the Separation Clearance Process, please contact email@example.com.
As part of this process, employees are responsible for completing the actions below on or before their last day of employment:
- Return all UHD property in their possession
- Credit card
- Employee ID
- Library materials
- Keys (offices/buildings)
- Electronics/Cell phones
- Parking access cards, permit/gate pass
- All other university property in your possession
- Pay any outstanding fees to the University
- Library fines
- Parking tickets
- Other outstanding debt(s) to the University
- Complete the online exit survey or schedule an in person exit interview with the Talent Management Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Failure to return University property or the removal of university property may be construed as theft and appropriate legal action may be taken if the property cannot be recovered.