Project Director, Title V Accelerated Transfer Program
Basic Position Information
Job Code: 2447
Title: Project Director, Title V Accelerated Transfer Program
Department: Institutional Effectiveness
Essential Personnel: N
Job Family: Academic Administration
Job Sub-Family: Program Administration
FLSA Classification: Exempt
Job Grade: 17
Grade Min: $72,265
Grade Mid: $88,524
UHD Succession Plan: N
Criticality of Position: N/A
Career Ladder: Individualized
Campus Security Authority: Y
Screening Committee: Y
Motor Vehicle Record Check: N
The Project Director, Title V Accelerated Transfer Program oversees project implementation, budgets, and reporting for the Department of Education related to the Title V grant, and oversees the Accelerated Transfer Academy, and all of its activities and staff.
- Ensures that projects achieve all objectives and outcomes on time and within budget; adheres to all federal, state, and local policies, procedures, and reporting timelines
- Coordinates data gathering and reporting with the Office of Institutional Effectiveness in accordance with project objectives and desired outcomes
- Manages project data collection, develops appropriate assessments, manages assessment schedules, and runs statistical analyses to gauge effectiveness; presents findings to various institutional and national audiences
- Collaborates with institutional units to bring together a network of support for student success, including Institutional Advancement and Career Development; presents program information to campus stakeholders to raise awareness and engagement across units; presents program information to external partners (community colleges, etc.) to build a pipeline for incoming transfer students
- Initiates and builds partnerships with employers to develop opportunities for student internships and experiential learning; works with employers to determine the relevance and appropriateness of internships
- Serves as the voice for transfer students on multiple university-wide committees, including chairing the Transfer Initiatives Subcommittee of the Retention and Graduation Standing Committee
- Develops training, programs, structured career readiness, academic success, and student engagement opportunities that are relevant and appropriate for new transfer students
- Serves as lead instructor for multiple sections of career readiness workshop series
- Performs all other duties as assigned
- Full Time Employees
Delegation of Work:
- Regularly assigns work to subordinate(s)
- Has primary responsibility for conducting performance evaluations and making recommendations for hiring and dismissing employees.
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum of three (3) years of related job experience
- None required
- Master's Degree in Education, Management, Education Psychology, Humanities, or a related field is preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Moderate knowledge of statistics
- Good technical skills, including proficiency in MS Excel;
- Comprehensive project management skills;
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills;
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal and written communication skills;
- Good management and leadership skills
- Ability to manage budgets;
- Ability to multitask;
- Ability to be flexible;
- Ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of individuals and constituencies in a diverse university community
Work Location and Physical Demands
Primary Work Location:
- Works in an office environment.
- Work is performed in a typical interior work environment which does not subject the employee to any unpleasant elements;
- Individual has discretion in relation to walking, standing etc., and has minimal exposure to physical risks
Position Specific Competencies
Commitment to Excellence - UHD
- Demonstrates a commitment to competently perform his/her job duties and responsibilities within established time frames.
- Continuously strives to improve work performance.
- Accepts responsibility for his/her commitments to the university.
- Contributes to the success of the university by consistently providing quality results in the performance of his/her job duties and responsibilities.
Respect and Cooperation
- Treats others with courtesy, respect, and dignity in the workplace.
- Promotes cooperation through open and honest communications and consideration of others ideas, thoughts, and opinions.
- Demonstrates high ethical standards of conduct in the performance of his/her job duties and responsibilities.
- Accepts responsibility for his/her actions.
- Respects and complies with department and university policies, procedures, and work rules.
- Takes responsibility to accomplish job assignments within reasonable deadlines.
- Willing to accept new projects and/or commitments.
- Does due diligence to complete projects within specified timeframes and/or fulfill commitments.
- Arrives to work on time prepared and ready to contribute.
- Willingly adjusts to changing work assignments or conditions.
- Open to changes in operational procedures, technology, and/or organizational structure.
- Views changes as opportunities for learning and professional development.
- Displays a positive attitude to encourage others.
- Promptly responds to changes in work priorities and/or unexpected circumstances or situations.
- Communicates clearly, concisely, and with courtesy.
- Carefully listens to customer or thoroughly reads correspondence, and uses good judgment to respond appropriately. (Customers can be students, external constituents, employees, or university guests.)
- Communicates requests for further action or resources to appropriate individuals with tact.
- Manages assigned financial resources in compliance with federal, State, and university policies and procedures.
- Monitors expenditures to ensure they are authorized and within approved budget.
- Reports accurate and reliable data of financial transactions and resources.
- Promptly notifies management of budget issues and/or discrepancies.
- Supervises the work of staff employees.
- Sets clear goals and expectations within reasonable timeframes.
- Motivates staff through constructive feedback, challenging assignments, and recognition of achievements.
- Provides mentorship and guidance by sharing expertise and best practices.
- Supports staff by providing essential resources, professional development opportunities, and open communication.
- Promptly addresses performance issues with appropriate measures and discretion.
- Demonstrates the ability to make informed decisions in a timely manner.
- Assimilates and/or secures relevant information to assess the risks and benefits of alternatives.
- Considers impact of decision in the long and short term.
Building External Relationships
- Demonstrates the ability to build rapport and develop relationships with external constituents.
- Displays a genuine interest in constituents' ideas and concerns, and pursues mutual interests and aspirations between the university and external constituents.
- Builds trust and forms alliances through shared respect and cooperation.
Student Success Indirect Support
- Contributes to student success by assisting students with anything that supports their student experience, whether directly or indirectly.
- Helps students navigate their way through the different offices, programs, and services at the university and/or connects students with the appropriate party(ies).
- Connects students with services or resources that can help them with career exploration, goal selection, and ongoing academic assistance.
- Helps students build peer support networks.
- Encourages student participation in out-of-class activities.
- Provides encouragement and guidance to foster student success.
- Treats students with respect
- Maintains the learning environment to ensure quality and/or sound pedagogy.
This job description may not encompass all duties and responsibilities associated with the position.