Basic Position Information
Job Code: 5017
Title: Program Administrator
Department: Computer Science & Engineering
Essential Personnel: N
Job Family: Academic Administration
Job Sub-Family: Program Administration
FLSA Classification: NE
Job Grade: 012
Grade Min: $43,001
Grade Mid: $51,601
UHD Succession Plan: N/A
Criticality of Position: N/A
Career Ladder: In-Range
Campus Security Authority: Y
Screening Committee: N
Motor Vehicle Record Check: Y
The Program Administrator provides operational and administrative support to the program at the University. The Program Administrator coordinates programs to ensure that implementation and prescribed activities are carried out following specified objectives. The Program Administrator Serves as program liaison for the department, community advisors, partners, and stakeholders.
- Provides support to program leadership, including, but not limited to scheduling and other administrative functions
- Maintains the program budget to include various types of accounts and funds
- Coordinates contracts and various financial processes
- Performs database administration for the program and serves as the administrator for the program
- Maintains program records, policies, and procedures
- Assists with the program recruitment, events, marketing, partnerships, program accreditation, and fundraising
- Coordinates program activities and events, prepare agendas and program workflow, managing registration processes, and coordinates information packets
- Develops metrics and analytical data for programs activity and reviews and analyzes the data, and submits reports
- Obtains and stays abreast of governmental and other local agencies guidelines that may impact program activities
- May provide support to faculty
- May interact with other departments to promote the goals and objectives of the program
- May perform web design and posts social media announcements
- May ensures program objectives such as program accreditation are carried out and maintains program by-laws
- May require travel
- Perform duties unique to the specific program
- Performs all other duties as assigned
Delegation of Work:
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum of three (3) years of job-related experience
- Must maintain a valid, current driver's license
- Knowledge of a specific program
- Knowledge in financial and database software
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of trends, issues, and accepted practices relevant to the position
- Candidates must have strong analytical and problem solving skills, as well as excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently and the ability to undertake a complex planning
- Ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of individuals and constituencies in a diverse community
- Ability to apply independently a wide variety of policies/ procedures where specified guidelines may not exist
Work Location and Physical Demands
Primary Work Location:
- Works in an office environment
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior work environment which does not subject the employee to any unpleasant elements.
- Position is physically comfortable; individual has discretion about walking, standing, etc.
- Work environment involves minimal exposure to physical risks.
Position Specific Competencies
Commitment to Excellence - UHD
- Demonstrates a commitment to competently perform his/her job duties and responsibilities within established time frames.
- Continuously strives to improve work performance.
- Accepts responsibility for his/her commitments to the university.
- Contributes to the success of the university by consistently providing quality results in the performance of his/her job duties and responsibilities.
Respect and Cooperation
- Treats others with courtesy, respect, and dignity in the workplace.
- Promotes cooperation through open and honest communications and consideration of others ideas, thoughts, and opinions.
- Demonstrates high ethical standards of conduct in the performance of his/her job duties and responsibilities.
- Accepts responsibility for his/her actions.
- Respects and complies with department and university policies, procedures, and work rules.
- Possesses required job skills and knowledge.
- Demonstrates the ability to apply those skills and knowledge to competently perform his/her job duties and assignments.
- Takes responsibility to accomplish job assignments within reasonable deadlines.
- Willing to accept new projects and/or commitments.
- Does due diligence to complete projects within specified timeframes and/or fulfill commitments.
- Arrives to work on time prepared and ready to contribute.
- Willingly adjusts to changing work assignments or conditions.
- Open to changes in operational procedures, technology, and/or organizational structure.
- Views changes as opportunities for learning and professional development.
- Displays a positive attitude to encourage others.
- Promptly responds to changes in work priorities and/or unexpected circumstances or situations.
Focus on Customer Service
- Focuses on customer's needs and expectations. (Customers can be students, external constituents, employees, or university guests.)
- Respectfully ascertains customer's needs and determines appropriate response.
- Promptly responds by providing requested information, takes appropriate action, or refers customer to appropriate individual or department.
- If further actions need to be taken, advises customers of realistic timeframes for a response to their request.
- Follows up with customers on outstanding requests in a timely manner.
- Tactfully explains to customers why their needs and/or expectations cannot be met if the university does not provide the requested information or services.
- Manages assigned financial resources in compliance with federal, State, and university policies and procedures.
- Monitors expenditures to ensure they are authorized and within approved budget.
- Reports accurate and reliable data of financial transactions and resources.
- Promptly notifies management of budget issues and/or discrepancies.
Research and Analysis
- Applies knowledge and skills to collect and analyze relevant data and information.
- Assesses benefits and risks, and prepares comprehensive reports of findings.
- Submits recommendations for management's review and evaluation.
Building External Relationships
- Demonstrates the ability to build rapport and develop relationships with external constituents.
- Displays a genuine interest in constituents' ideas and concerns, and pursues mutual interests and aspirations between the university and external constituents.
- Builds trust and forms alliances through shared respect and cooperation.
Computer/Automated System Proficiency
- Proficient in the use of university applications or automated systems to perform job duties.
- Complies with related policies, procedures, and work rules to maintain system security and data integrity.
Student Success Indirect Support
- Contributes to student success by assisting students with anything that supports their student experience, whether directly or indirectly.
- Helps students navigate their way through the different offices, programs, and services at the university and/or connects students with the appropriate party(ies).
- Connects students with services or resources that can help them with career exploration, goal selection, and ongoing academic assistance.
- Helps students build peer support networks.
- Encourages student participation in out-of-class activities.
- Provides encouragement and guidance to foster student success.
- Treats students with respect
- Maintains the learning environment to ensure quality and/or sound pedagogy.
This job description may not encompass all duties and responsibilities associated with the position.