Manager, Web Development and Publications
Basic Position Information
Job Code: 2104
Title: Manager, Web Development and Publications
Department: Student Services
Essential Personnel: N
Job Family: External Relations
Job Sub-Family: Communications & Marketing
FLSA Classification: E
Job Grade: 16
Grade Min: $65,866
Grade Mid: $79,040
UHD Succession Plan: N/A
Criticality of Position: N/A
Career Ladder: In-Range
Campus Security Authority: Y
Screening Committee: N
Motor Vehicle Record Check: N
The Manager of Web Development and Publications provides graphic design and web support to the Student Affairs division for the purposes of communicating with UHD students to facilitate student recruitment, retention, and registration.
- Oversees, creates, develops, and manages web pages for Enrollment Management, Student Affairs, and Student Financials; directs web projects for the departments
- Creates web accuracy reports as part of the SACS Accreditation requirements;
- Maintains responsibility for site improve quality assurance reports for website growth and digital complexity;
- Prepares website Google Analytics reports
- Collaborates with Enrollment Communications and Client Relationship staff to create digital and print media to suit university initiatives
- Designs and creates graphics and digital publications for the university's Student Handbook and Student Transition Programs
- Manages and maintains the database for student's gator e-mail communications
- Manages the university event calendar for marketing events and student recruitment and retention events on campus;
- Coordinates the Academic Calendar; creates and maintains orientation modules for student orientation
- Serves as liaison for website communications between IT and division units; serves as liaison between Enrollment Management and University Relations;
- Serves as ex-officio on the University Web Oversight Committee; serves in the Student Publications Advisory Committee.
- Ensures the websites adhere to web standards and brand guidelines; ensures HB 508 disability web compliance; audits and evaluates best practices, keeping current with emerging web technologies and recommending and implementing change as necessary; provides feedback on accuracy for web content and student communications
- Performs all other duties as assigned
- Full Time Employees
Delegation of Work:
- Regularly assigns work to subordinate(s)
- Has primary responsibility for conducting performance evaluations and making recommendations for hiring and dismissing employees.
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum of three (3) years of related job experience
- None required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of the trends, issues, and accepted practices in web development, graphic design, and in publishing marketing materials
- Good technical skills, including proficiency in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, and html
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to prioritize efficiently
- Ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of individuals and constituencies in a diverse community
Work Location and Physical Demands
Primary Work Location:
- Works in an office environment
- Work is performed in a typical interior work environment which does not subject the employee to any unpleasant elements
- Individual has discretion in relation to walking, standing etc., and has minimal exposure to physical risks
- Must have precise hand-eye coordination and the ability to identify and distinguish colors
Position Specific Competencies
Commitment to Excellence - UHD
- Demonstrates a commitment to competently perform his/her job duties and responsibilities within established time frames.
- Continuously strives to improve work performance.
- Accepts responsibility for his/her commitments to the university.
- Contributes to the success of the university by consistently providing quality results in the performance of his/her job duties and responsibilities.
Respect and Cooperation
- Treats others with courtesy, respect, and dignity in the workplace.
- Promotes cooperation through open and honest communications and consideration of others ideas, thoughts, and opinions.
- Demonstrates high ethical standards of conduct in the performance of his/her job duties and responsibilities.
- Accepts responsibility for his/her actions.
- Respects and complies with department and university policies, procedures, and work rules.
- Possesses required job skills and knowledge.
- Demonstrates the ability to apply those skills and knowledge to competently perform his/her job duties and assignments.
- Takes responsibility to accomplish job assignments within reasonable deadlines.
- Willing to accept new projects and/or commitments.
- Does due diligence to complete projects within specified timeframes and/or fulfill commitments.
- Arrives to work on time prepared and ready to contribute.
- Willingly adjusts to changing work assignments or conditions.
- Open to changes in operational procedures, technology, and/or organizational structure.
- Views changes as opportunities for learning and professional development.
- Displays a positive attitude to encourage others.
- Promptly responds to changes in work priorities and/or unexpected circumstances or situations.
Computer/Automated System Proficiency
- Proficient in the use of university applications or automated systems to perform job duties.
- Complies with related policies, procedures, and work rules to maintain system security and data integrity.
- Demonstrates the ability to express information clearly and concisely in writing.
- Formulates and writes information to effectively communicate messages, ideas, and/or concepts for the intended recipient or audience.
- Uses appropriate words and tone, and correct grammar.
Focus on Customer Service
- Focuses on customer's needs and expectations. (Customers can be students, external constituents, employees, or university guests.)
- Respectfully ascertains customer's needs and determines appropriate response.
- Promptly responds by providing requested information, takes appropriate action, or refers customer to appropriate individual or department.
- If further actions need to be taken, advises customers of realistic timeframes for a response to their request.
- Follows up with customers on outstanding requests in a timely manner.
- Tactfully explains to customers why their needs and/or expectations cannot be met if the university does not provide the requested information or services.
This job description may not encompass all duties and responsibilities associated with the position.