Manager, Social Media
Basic Position Information
Job Code: 2133
Title: Manager, Social Media
Department: Enrollment Management
Essential Personnel: N
Job Family: External Relations
Job Sub-Family: Communications & Marketing
FLSA Classification: E
Job Grade: 14
Grade Min: $52,981
Grade Mid: $63,578
UHD Succession Plan: N
Criticality of Position: N/A
Career Ladder: In-Range
Campus Security Authority: Y
Screening Committee: N
Motor Vehicle Record Check: N
The Social Media Manager is responsible for enhancing Enrollment Management's online presence, reputation, and reinforcing the brand. The Manager is the liaison to the students and the UHD community via social media channels. The Manager is responsible for driving the online community growth and engagement, developing and curating the educational content, blogging, maintaining social media profiles, managing a regular posting schedule, responding to comments, and tracking analytics.
- Generates, edits, publishes, and shares engaging content daily – original text, photos, graphics, and videos. Promotes the student stories and community engagement on social channels; develops campaigns in partnership with key university and external stakeholders
- Builds and implements a social media program and engagement strategy in partnership with key stakeholders, aligned to the business goals
- Tracks and measures key metrics including SEO, post engagement, online sentiment, and web traffic. Proves in-depth analytical reports to Enrollment areas regarding impressions, engagement, likes, and strategize to increase social media presence
- Promotes the student stories and community engagement on social channels. Develops campaigns in partnership with key university and external stakeholders
- Establishes specific social media channel objectives and report on ROI and performs research on current social trends and audience preferences
- Collaborates with other teams (e.g. marketing, Admissions, Registrar, and Financial Aid) to ensure brand consistency and social community best practices
- Communicates with online followers, respond to reviews/comments in a timely manner, and monitor customer sentiment, including online reviews
- Oversees social media account design and brand assets, including profile imagery, page layout, and links
- Assists with promoting (virtual or in-person) enrollment (admissions, advising, registration, graduation, persistence, retention, and financial aid) events, activities, and initiatives to engage the UHD community via social media
- Reports to the Vice President, Enrollment Management
- Performs all other duties as assigned
- Performs tasks related to specific department/college
- Full-Time Employees
Delegation of Work:
- Regularly assigns work to subordinate(s)
- Has primary responsibility for conducting performance evaluations and making recommendations for hiring and dismissing employees.
- Bachelor's degree in journalism, marketing, media, communications, public relations, or a related field
- Minimum of two (2) years of related job experience
- Must maintain a valid, current driver's license
- Experience working in higher education social media is preferred
- Master's degree is preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of all aspects of digital content creation and the related trends, issues, and accepted practices
- Excellent writing and editing skills; good analytical skills;
- Strong leadership and project management skills;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable;
- Ability to be creative;
- Ability to run several social media accounts;
- Ability to produce accurate data and information
Work Location and Physical Demands
Primary Work Location:
- Works in an office environment
- Work is performed in a typical interior work environment that does not subject the employee to any unpleasant elements;
- Individual has discretion in relation to walking, standing, etc., and has minimal exposure to physical risks.
- May occasionally be exposed to inclement weather
- May be required to be active on social media accounts in the evenings and weekends
Position Specific Competencies
Commitment to Excellence - UHD
- Demonstrates a commitment to competently perform his/her job duties and responsibilities within established time frames.
- Continuously strives to improve work performance.
- Accepts responsibility for his/her commitments to the university.
- Contributes to the success of the university by consistently providing quality results in the performance of his/her job duties and responsibilities.
- Demonstrates high ethical standards of conduct in the performance of his/her job duties and responsibilities.
- Accepts responsibility for his/her actions.
- Respects and complies with department and university policies, procedures, and work rules.
Respect and Cooperation
- Treats others with courtesy, respect, and dignity in the workplace.
- Promotes cooperation through open and honest communications and consideration of others ideas, thoughts, and opinions.
- Takes responsibility to accomplish job assignments within reasonable deadlines.
- Willing to accept new projects and/or commitments.
- Does due diligence to complete projects within specified timeframes and/or fulfill commitments.
- Arrives to work on time prepared and ready to contribute.
- Willingly adjusts to changing work assignments or conditions.
- Open to changes in operational procedures, technology, and/or organizational structure.
- Views changes as opportunities for learning and professional development.
- Displays a positive attitude to encourage others.
- Promptly responds to changes in work priorities and/or unexpected circumstances or situations.
Focus on Customer Service
- Focuses on customer's needs and expectations. (Customers can be students, external constituents, employees, or university guests.)
- Respectfully ascertains customer's needs and determines appropriate response.
- Promptly responds by providing requested information, takes appropriate action, or refers customer to appropriate individual or department.
- If further actions need to be taken, advises customers of realistic timeframes for a response to their request.
- Follows up with customers on outstanding requests in a timely manner.
- Tactfully explains to customers why their needs and/or expectations cannot be met if the university does not provide the requested information or services.
- Supervises the work of staff employees.
- Sets clear goals and expectations within reasonable timeframes.
- Motivates staff through constructive feedback, challenging assignments, and recognition of achievements.
- Provides mentorship and guidance by sharing expertise and best practices.
- Supports staff by providing essential resources, professional development opportunities, and open communication.
- Promptly addresses performance issues with appropriate measures and discretion.
- Demonstrates the ability to express information clearly and concisely in writing.
- Formulates and writes information to effectively communicate messages, ideas, and/or concepts for the intended recipient or audience.
- Uses appropriate words and tone, and correct grammar.
Computer/Automated System Proficiency
- Proficient in the use of university applications or automated systems to perform job duties.
- Complies with related policies, procedures, and work rules to maintain system security and data integrity.
- Possesses comprehensive knowledge and skills in a technical area.
- Effectively applies expertise to troubleshoot existing systems and develop solutions with existing technology.
- Competent to learn new technologies and integrate them with existing technology.
- Willing to share expertise and provide technical assistance to others.
This job description may not encompass all duties and responsibilities associated with the position.