Assistant Contract Administrator
Basic Position Information
Job Code: 2155
Title: Assistant Contract Administrator
Department: Procurement & Contracts
Essential Personnel: N
Job Family: Financial Services
Job Sub-Family: Procurement, Contracts & Accounts Payable
FLSA Classification: E
Job Grade: 14
Grade Min: $52,981
Grade Mid: $63,578
UHD Succession Plan: N
Criticality of Position: N/A
Career Ladder: Pre-Defined
Campus Security Authority: Y
Screening Committee: N
Motor Vehicle Record Check: N
The Assistant Contract Administrator supports the contract maintenance function for the university's internal and external community, reviewing and analyzing contracts and agreements, and making recommendations as appropriate. The incumbent serves as a liaison and central contact between the Office of General Counsel and university faculty, staff, and administrators.
- Evaluates contract packages and coordinates with the office of General Counsel to ensure that an accurate and complete contract package is submitted for their review.
- Coordinates with Procurement as necessary to facilitate the workflow from contract to purchase order.
- Reviews and assists with bid solicitations; analyzes and tabulates bid responses and awards contracts valued at under $25,000 to the lowest bidder.
- Monitors orders through to completion, checking their status and resolving issues that arise as necessary.
- Serves as contract liaison for vendors, dealing with questions and contract changes as necessary, and obtaining the required signatures and approvals.
- Assists with reporting contracts to Legislative Budget Board (LBB); assists with updating the departmental website and policies.
- Assists other departments with contract processes, forms, reporting, and compliance, providing training when necessary.
- Works with Accounts Payable to resolve contract and payment issues.
- Issues policy violations as appropriate.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
Delegation of Work:
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum of one (1) year of related job experience
- None required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of the principles of contract administration and related practices.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, as well as excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to use the university's computer programs, and the Microsoft Office suite in particular.
Work Location and Physical Demands
Primary Work Location:
- Works in an office environment.
- Work is performed in a typical, comfortable interior work environment which does not subject the employee to any unpleasant elements; individual has discretion in relation to walking, standing etc., and has minimal exposure to physical risks.
Position Specific Competencies
Commitment to Excellence - UHD
- Demonstrates a commitment to competently perform his/her job duties and responsibilities within established time frames.
- Continuously strives to improve work performance.
- Accepts responsibility for his/her commitments to the university.
- Contributes to the success of the university by consistently providing quality results in the performance of his/her job duties and responsibilities.
- Demonstrates high ethical standards of conduct in the performance of his/her job duties and responsibilities.
- Accepts responsibility for his/her actions.
- Respects and complies with department and university policies, procedures, and work rules.
Respect and Cooperation
- Treats others with courtesy, respect, and dignity in the workplace.
- Promotes cooperation through open and honest communications and consideration of others ideas, thoughts, and opinions.
- Takes responsibility to accomplish job assignments within reasonable deadlines.
- Willing to accept new projects and/or commitments.
- Does due diligence to complete projects within specified timeframes and/or fulfill commitments.
- Arrives to work on time prepared and ready to contribute.
- Willingly adjusts to changing work assignments or conditions.
- Open to changes in operational procedures, technology, and/or organizational structure.
- Views changes as opportunities for learning and professional development.
- Displays a positive attitude to encourage others.
- Promptly responds to changes in work priorities and/or unexpected circumstances or situations.
- Possesses required job skills and knowledge.
- Demonstrates the ability to apply those skills and knowledge to competently perform his/her job duties and assignments.
Focus on Customer Service
- Focuses on customer's needs and expectations. (Customers can be students, external constituents, employees, or university guests.)
- Respectfully ascertains customer's needs and determines appropriate response.
- Promptly responds by providing requested information, takes appropriate action, or refers customer to appropriate individual or department.
- If further actions need to be taken, advises customers of realistic timeframes for a response to their request.
- Follows up with customers on outstanding requests in a timely manner.
- Tactfully explains to customers why their needs and/or expectations cannot be met if the university does not provide the requested information or services.
Computer/Automated System Proficiency
- Proficient in the use of university applications or automated systems to perform job duties.
- Complies with related policies, procedures, and work rules to maintain system security and data integrity.
Student Success Indirect Support
- Contributes to student success by assisting students with anything that supports their student experience, whether directly or indirectly.
- Helps students navigate their way through the different offices, programs, and services at the university and/or connects students with the appropriate party(ies).
- Connects students with services or resources that can help them with career exploration, goal selection, and ongoing academic assistance.
- Helps students build peer support networks.
- Encourages student participation in out-of-class activities.
- Provides encouragement and guidance to foster student success.
- Treats students with respect
- Maintains the learning environment to ensure quality and/or sound pedagogy.
This job description may not encompass all duties and responsibilities associated with the position.