"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I may remember. Involve me and I will learn."
~ Benjamin Franklin
Engaging your students inside the classroom with context from the real world will help your students build stronger academic skills and create an excitement for learning. Community engagement coupled with reflection contributes to students' critical-thinking skills. You can engage your students by offering Service Learning courses, A+CE courses, or involving them in your Community Engagement grant.
When you register your course as Service Learning (SL) or A+CE, CCESL will help you:
- Find and develop community partnerships
- Record and track students' service hours through GatorSync
- Refine your Signature Assignment (A+CE) or Reflection (SL)
- Provide documentation of your involvement for promotion and tenure files
- Offer training and resources
How do I register my course as SL or A+CE?
- To register your course with a Service Learning designation, click here.
- To register your course with an A+CE designation, click here.