Skip to main content

P-Card FAQ's

What is a procurement card (P-Card)?

A charge card issued to an employee of the University for the purposes of making authorized purchases on the University's behalf.

How can I obtain a P-Card?

Complete the Cardholder Application/Approval Form which contains the signature of the applicant, applicant's supervisor, College/Division Administrator and submit to the P-Card Administrator or Coordinator.

Will the P-Card show up on my credit report?

No, the University's line of credit is used. No credit checks are conducted on applicants.

What are the responsibilities of the P-Card Administrator and Coordinator?

The Administrator is responsible for administering the p-card program and acting as the primary liaison between the University and the bank. The Coordinator is responsible for training cardholders, assist with monthly statement processing and spot-checking statements to identify and review questionable transactions.

What is CitiManager?

A Citibank web (internet) system that allows cardholders to view their monthly

What is the CitiManager-Expense Management?

A Citibank web system used to automatically view transactions (24 to 48 hours after transaction date) and cost allocate transactions (assign purpose/benefit statement, accounts and cost centers). CitiManager-Expense Management

What should I do if my p-card is lost, stolen or damaged?

You must notify the bank immediately at 1-800-248-4553 and the Program Coordinator or Administrator.

What if I need to dispute a transaction?

Fill out the Citibank Cardholder Dispute Form and contact the P-Card Coordinator.

What should I do if my transaction is declined?

Check to verify:

  • Correct credit card number entered
  • Correct expiration date entered
  • Transaction amount does not exceed $5,000 per transaction

If the above information is correct, contact the P-Card Coordinator/ Administrator.

What should I do if I misplaced my receipt?

First contact the vendor and try to obtain a copy of the receipt. If unable to retrieve a copy, the cardholder must fill out the Missing Receipt Form.

What can and can not be purchased on the P-Card?

Acceptable: Office supplies, Registration fees, Coffee supplies, Reference Material

Improper: Personal use or non university purposes, Travel-related purchases (hotel, car rental, meals, etc), items exceeding $5,000 per transaction using federal and non-federal funds, and splitting transactions to avoid exceeding the limit, HEF funds. For more information, refer to PS 05.C.09 - General Procurement/Procurement Card.

How do I split transactions in CitiManager-Expense Management?

View attached document Splitting Transactions.

What if I need my CitiManager user id, password or challenge question(s) reset?

Contact Citibank 1-800-248-4553.

What if I need my CitiManager-Expense Management user id, password or challenge question(s) reset?

Contact the P-Card Coordinator/ Administrator.

What if I'm using another departments cost center on my P-Card?

You will need to obtain approval from the department (email or signature on Citibank statement) and send the department a copy of the receipt.

What if I am charged sales tax on my P-Card?

First contact the vendor and attempt to get the sales tax removed. If attempt to remove sales tax is unsuccessful contact P-Card Coordinator.

How do I view the compliance self assessment tool for P-Card?

This information is provided on the Compliance & Ethics website.

How can I view information concerning UHD’s compliance program?

This information is provided on the Compliance & Ethics website.