To start your journey to becoming a police officer at UHD CJTC, carefully follow each step:
Download and print the Basic Peace Officer Information Packet
- Register for a Basic Peace Officer Class listed below.
Down and print the Personal History Statement
- It is IMPERATIVE that you read the entire BPOC Packet before proceeding
- You must complete the entire packet prior to the mandatory registration meeting, including:
- Physical/drug screen
- Psychological evaluation
- Electronic Fingerprinting
- Note: Pay close attention to the timeline for the above requirements.
|Basic Peace Officer #302 (Day)||700||January 8, 2018 - |
May 14, 2018
|Basic Peace Officer #303 (Night)||700||January 16, 2018 -|
September 14, 2018
|Basic Peace Officer #304 (Morning)||700||January 22, 2018 - |
September 21, 2018
|Basic Peace Officer|
|700||January 29, 2018 - September 28, 2018||Register Now|
Morning Courses: Meet Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
Day Courses: Meeting Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Afternoon Courses: Meet Monday through Friday from 1:00 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Night Courses: Meet Monday through Friday from 5:30 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.,
Saturday classes/labs based on Administrative scheduling needs.
Tuition for the Basic Peace Officer course is $2,000.00. To enroll in the Basic Peace Officer Certification Program all applicants must enroll online by choosing one of the above courses. A NON-REFUNDABLE $50.00 registration fee is required at that time. This fee does not apply to the $2.000.00 course fee. This fee is required in order to reserve a position in the training program. Reservations are accepted on a first come, first serve basis. If you are unable to attend your "reserved" class, your reservation fee may be credited to a future class upon your request, within one year. All enrollees are required to make a $1000.00 payment on the first day of class by using the online process. The total amount must be paid in full, no later than sixty days of first class date.
The Criminal Justice Training Center has three payment options available for the Basic Peace Officer Certification Program:
- CJTC Payment Schedule completed at mandatory orientation with the final balance received no later than sixty days of first class date.
- Course paid in full on the first day of class.
- For qualified Veterans - they may use their GI Bill**
A MANDATORY orientation will be set up approximately 2 weeks prior to the course start date. The below documents will be turned in at this time. Applicants will not be allowed in class without the following, completed documents.
- Application for Admission
- L-2 Medical Screening Form/L-3 Psychological Evaluation
- Medical Screening Form (Form AE-6)
- Statement of applicant (notarized)
- Completed Personal History Statement
- Approval letter from TCOLE on file, certifying eligibility to take the course (it is recommended that the FAST finger print background check be completed no later than 3 weeks or no sooner than 90 days prior to the start date to confirm receipt)
- Certified copy of birth certificate
- Social Security Card
- High school diploma or G.E.D. or High school transcript
- Copy of valid Texas driver's license and Social Security Card
- Three (3) year driving record TYPE 2 from DPS website
- Agency Letter if being sponsored or currently employed by a police agency
- If you are a military veteran your DD214 discharge papers**.
- Member 4 Forms - two pages of information for Member 4 form or Long Form
**If you are a veteran you will need a honorable DD2-14 and copies of all transcripts from other schools. Veterans using their G.I. Bill are exempt from the first day payment of $1000.00.
**VA eligibility MUST be completed before mandatory orientation, eligibility paperwork necessary for application completion process.
***All Cadets must be U.S. Citizens***
Attending BPOC students:
TCOLE testing administered at the end of the BPOC program, exam cost/fees are included in program tuition.
All other TCOLE test candidates:
The University of Houston-Downtown
Applied Business & Technology Department, 7th floor, is the new Houston location for Electronic testing for TCOLE exams. To reserve a seat for your test please call (713) 221-8032 or (713) 221-8478. The Peace Officer exam fee is $25.00 with a reservation and $35.00 "walk-in". You must have a "Letter of Eligibility" and a Photo I.D. in order to test.