Harris County Medical Society Internship
Harris County Medical Society (HCMS) Summer 2018 Newsletter Advertising Sales Intern
The Harris County Medical Society (HCMS) is a professional organization for physicians that was established in 1903. It is the largest county medical society in the nation, with more than 11,000 member physicians and medical students. The mission of HCMS is to be the leading advocate for physician members, their patients, and the community, in promoting the best standards of ethnical medical practice, access to quality medical care, medical education, research and community health.
HCMS is looking for an advertising sales intern to join our Communications team. Our Communications department produces a quality, advertising supported newsletter which reaches more than 8,000 physicians in the Houston-area. HCMS seeks an intern who can assist enhancing relationships with current advertisers and engaging with old and potential advertisers.
This intern should be prepared to work in a fast-paced team environment, and will finish the internship having gained broad experience in various aspects of advertising sales.
- Assist in the creation of advertising campaigns focused on newsletter ad sales.
- Assist in the distribution or delivery of marketing materials to potential advertisers
- Perform analysis of advertising sales data
- Enter contact information into communications and advertising databases
- Assist in preparing new campaign strategies’ including email and outbound calling
- Assess current campaigns to measure success and profitability
- Currently majoring in public relations, sales, marketing, and/or business
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High attention to detail
- Engaged self-starter
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to manage numerous activities and support the efforts of others in achieving HCMS newsletter sales goals.