St. Luke’s Episcopal Health System Internship
3100 Main St. Suite 815
Houston, TX 77002
St. Luke's Episcopal Health System has a unique commitment to patient care. As a faith-based,
non-profit organization, St. Luke's believes that true healing involves the body,
mind and spirit. Our approach goes beyond religion, focusing on the healing aspects
of spirituality and based on deeply held trust, love, caring, compassion, and respect
for well-being and life.
St. Luke's Episcopal Hospital, as an integral part of the Health System, contributes to enhancing community health by delivering superior value in high-quality, cost-effective acute care. As a community teaching hospital and a tertiary referral center, we serve both the greater Houston area and the global community. In partnership with our medical staff, we are dedicated to excellence and compassion in caring for the whole person - mind, body, and spirit.
Internship will begin fall 2009 to assist in media relations. Intern must be able to work a minimum of four hours a day, three times a week.
Description of Internship
The intern will gain practical experience in communication and media relations through planning media campaigns, drafting and editing press releases, pitching media stories, monitoring editorial calendars, Web site editing and social networking.
Specific Duties Include:
- General researching
- Writing media advisories and articles for local publications
- Sorting through news clips
- Corresponding with our media monitoring service
- And other duties as needed
- Candidates must demonstrate initiative
- Extensive writing experience
- Be able to produce copy under tight deadlines
- Possess excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Know AP style and be familiar with social media
- Be proficient in Word, Excel, and the Internet
- Experience with the Cision platform is ideal
- Be an undergraduate student majoring in public relations, journalism, or communications
- Take initiative
- Background check and health screening required
- Must email resume and three writing samples to Jessica Michan
Contact Name and Number
St. Luke’s Episcopal Health System
Jessica Michan, Media Relations