P.O. Box 630626
Houston, TX 77263
JMG Magazine is a Houston based publication that focuses on modern culture with an international flair. Our slogan is “Urban Guide for the Ultimate Lifestyle,” and we work hard to achieve just that. JMG is a compilation of fashion, art, music and the lifestyles that represents the urban experience of living in Houston. For its first four years of publication, JMG was an edgy, savvy and precise online publication that was distributed once a week to more than 25,000 subscribers. This September, JMG launched the new print version of the magazine.
The print version of JMG is a full-gloss monthly entertainment publication with a
focus on fashion, music and living the “ultimate lifestyle” in one of the largest
cities in America – Houston. The target audience is young adults between the ages
of 21 and 40. Our readers and subscribers are a progressive group who dine at the
finest restaurants and purchase fine art, automobiles, real estate, music, spirits,
clothing, home décor and the latest technology. With high-profile celebrity interviews,
innovative content and in-depth reviews, JMG provides a unique outlook to the life
that young trend-setters in Houston live.
Due to JMG’s transition into the print world, we are now searching for talented writers to help contribute content to our monthly publication.
JMG accepts interns year round. Actual dates are coordinated with the publisher and editor-in-chief on a monthly basis.
Description of Internship
JMG is currently seeking interns to contribute monthly articles, reviews and features for the magazine. Once an article is assigned, interns will be expected to contact the necessary sources and produce clean, quality content for final publication. This internship is not considered an employment program and offers no financial compensation.
- Gain experience in interviewing and magazine writing, as well as knowledge in the final editing process
- Gain experience in developing a voice and an individual writing style
Specific Duties Include:
- Research and review various topics and issues
- Contribute ideas for monthly articles
- Interview various sources and gather information for articles
- Currently enrolled in college or university with a preferred major in Communications, Journalism or similar field of study
- Must have knowledge and passion for entertainment, music, food and fashion
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of magazine production techniques helpful not required
- Knowledge of AP style is a must
Contact Name and Number
Publisher and Creative Director