The Student Government Association is established in order to preserve the available and democratic system of student governance which will create an official forum for the expression of student opinion.
To voice the opinions of the student body and encourage participation in university decision-making.
The University of Houston-Downtown Student Government Association is comprised of an Executive Council, a Judicial Review Board, and Senate.
- Executive powers are held by the Executive Council.
- Consists of the President, Vice-President, Secretary, and Treasurer.
- All SGA officers are elected by the student body in the Fall or Sprint Student Government
- Legislative powers are held by the Senate.
- There are two senators for each college.