The L.E.G.A.C.I. Student Success Program was established at the University of Houston-Downtown during in the summer of 2016 to increase the retention and graduation rates of men from underrepresented ethnic backgrounds.
Members of the L.E.G.A.C.I. Program are the following resources:
- Textbook Support
- Cohort-based Instruction
- Admissions Guidance - see Admissions web page for criteria
- Free Tutoring, Career Workshops
- Conference Travel
- Internships and Community Service
- Financial Aid Guidance
- Mentoring and Leadership Development
Students in the program are required to meet the following criteria:
- Maintain at least a 2.3 GPA by the end of their first year
- Complete the TSI Assessment
- Register for the L.E.G.A.C.I. Program cohort classes
The L.E.G.A.C.I. Program supports all majors.