Protocols for Employees and Supervisors
Employees and Supervisors:
If an employee or supervisor has tested positive for Monkeypox, or is exhibiting symptoms (e.g., rash, bumps, blisters, fever, headache swollen lymph nodes, fatigue, backaches) of Monkeypox, the following steps should be taken:
- If you are made aware of a case involving a student, email Krystil Ravenell – firstname.lastname@example.org or call UHD Health Services at 713-221-8137
- If you think you might have Monkeypox due to the presence of Monkeypox Symptoms, follow CDC guidance regarding when to isolate and get tested.
- If you test Negative for Monkeypox, you can end your isolation and return to campus.
- If you have tested Positive for Monkeypox (regardless of whether you have symptoms or not):
- If on campus when symptoms begin or when you suspect or learn of a diagnosis of Monkeypox, go home immediately and avoid coming into close contact with anyone.
- Quarantine – CDC recommends that individuals quarantine for 2-4 weeks or until all symptoms and lesions are completely healed.
- Notify your supervisor that you have tested Positive and cannot return to campus during your isolation period and coordinate your remote work or benefit leave options directly with your supervisor.
- Student workers should notify their supervisor(s) when they test Positive.
- Contact your health care provider as necessary and follow their medical advice.
- Stay home during your isolation period except to seek medical care.
- Follow CDC guidance related to isolation and treatments.
If an employee is exhibiting symptoms (e.g., rash, bumps, blisters, fever, headache swollen lymph nodes, fatigue, backaches) of Monkeypox, the supervisor should:
- If at work, instruct the employee to contact UHD Health Services at 713-221-8137 or email Krystil Ravenell at email@example.com.
- Encourage the employee get medical assistance from their PCP and stay home while they complete treatment.
- Direct the employee to follow CDC guidance related to isolation and treatments.
If the employee has tested positive for Monkeypox, the supervisor should:
- If the employee is at work when you are notified, instruct the employee to contact
UHD Health Services at 713-221-8137 or email Krystil Ravenell at firstname.lastname@example.org
- If the employee is at home, advise the employee to stay home and follow CDC guidance related to isolation.
- If you or any of your employees have questions, you may contact Krystil Ravenell by
For any questions or concerns contact Krystil Ravenell at email@example.com or 713-221-8137