Pick up honor cords
Student from College of Humanities and Social Sciences, College of Public Service and Marilyn Davies College of Business:
Cords can be picked up at the Advising Centers during office hours from the front desk area.
Students from College of Sciences and Technology:
Cords can be picked up from the Dean’s Office in N723 during office hours.
Students who complete bachelor’s degree requirements with exceptionally high grade
point averages receive degrees with honors. University honors will appear on the student
transcript and diploma. To qualify for University honors consideration students must
have earned and or enrolled in a total of 42 credit hours or more at UHD of which
24 credit hours must be upper level course work. In accordance with the Grading System
Standards, all UHD credit hours are used in the GPA calculation. Only credit hours
at UHD are considered; transfer credits are not used in the GPA calculation for university
For consideration of university honors, the university will look at two different UHD GPA calculations:
- the UHD GPA calculated from the student’s last 42 credit hours (including currently enrolled classes) taken at UHD and
- the UHD GPA calculated from all courses taken at UHD.
The higher of the two UHD GPAs will be considered for university honors categories below:
- a cumulative grade point average of 3.80-4.00 is required for summa cum laude.
- a cumulative grade point average of 3.60-3.79 is required for magna cum laude.
- a grade point average of 3.40-3.59 is required for cum laude.
Students not eligible for cum laude, magna cum laude or summa cum laude honors may be eligible for College Honors. Each college will set its own GPA requirements
for College Honors. College honors will be calculated after final semester grades
post. College honors will be reflected only on the student’s final transcript.