Sept. 26, 2022 - Reminder: Canvas LMS transition call for faculty to pilot in Spring 2023
Please remember that the online application for participation in the Canvas LMS pilot remains open until October 7, with complete details of the pilot on the website. We know that scheduling for spring is still in process, so please consult with your department schedulers as you prepare your application.
We are seeking full-time faculty from a range of departments, experience levels, and modalities who will teach one or more of their Spring 2023 courses (16-week or 8-week) in Canvas as well as provide some support to colleagues in Summer and Fall 2023. A few key elements of the pilot are as follows:
- Be prepared to start trainings on Canvas in late October and early November.
- Teach one or more sections in Canvas in Spring 2023 and participate in conversations and surveys with the LMS transition team.
- Be available for 10 hours in Summer 2023 and 15 hours in Fall 2023 to serve as a resource to colleagues in our training processes.
- Communicate with students in the class about the pilot and what they can expect.
- Participants will receive dedicated support from TTLC staff and will be compensated.
As with any pilot, there may be some challenges and the faculty, staff, and students involved will need to be able to navigate the system and be willing to help with solutions and temporary workarounds.
We will review all applications and notify applicants of decisions by October 17.