Feb. 23, 2023 - Canvas--Please join our Soft Launch in Summer or Fall (full-time and part-time are eligible)!
Why should you move to Canvas in summer or fall?
- Get prioritized course shell and migration support from our awesome TTLC and CTLE teams
- Start enjoying the benefits of an improved, modern interface for your teaching
- Deliver courses in a system that students like (based on great preliminary feedback from pilot!)
- Relax during your holiday break in December knowing you're already comfortable in Canvas
- Stick with your New Year's resolution not to procrastinate
This opportunity applies to all full-time and part-time faculty! Let us know your interest by completing this online survey. We have extended the deadline to March 6, as we know schedules are still being built.
Those who participate will agree to the following:
- Complete Canvas training (Growing with Canvas or equivalent) by April 1 for summer and July 1 for fall
- Transition fully to Canvas (cannot teach from BB for any course in any semester after your transition semester)
- Be available to work with TTLC staff on migration in the following periods (dates are approximate):
- March 14-May 5 for summer
- April 17-August 4 for fall
- Communicate with enrolled students prior to term to tell them the courses will be in Canvas; put notes in BB to direct them to Canvas
You can start exploring Canvas right now with your UHD login via our Canvas resource page.
If you have questions about the process or Canvas, contact John Lane, Georges Detiveaux, me, or any one of your pilot colleagues. Or check out these Canvas instructor videos and other resources through our Faculty Guide.