April 12, 2023 - Canvas - Ally available and 2nd call for fall soft launch
Some great news—our accessibility tool, Ally, is now available in Canvas! It will appear as it did in BB with the gauge and color rating.
We remain committed to continued improvement in the accessibility of our curriculum and appreciate all your efforts to leverage Ally and accessibility best practices. Our Office of Disability Services also continues to support faculty with PDF remediation requests.
We again encourage you to start your Canvas journey in Fall 2023 as part of our soft launch. This opportunity applies to all full-time and part-time faculty! Let us know your interest by completing this online survey by May 5, 2023.
Those who participate will agree to the following:
- Complete Canvas training (Growing with Canvas or equivalent) by July 1 for fall
- Transition fully to Canvas for all courses
- Be available to work with TTLC staff on migration in the following periods (dates are approximate):
- April 17-August 4 for fall
- Communicate with enrolled students prior to term to tell them the courses will be in Canvas; put notes in BB to direct them to Canvas
You can start exploring Canvas right now with your UHD login via our Canvas resource page and a Canvas link is now available on our main page under “quick links" and in the bottom blue bar on every page. Also, we have begun a student information campaign about the transition through email and posters to connect them to Canvas and let them know that some classes will be in Canvas in summer and fall.
If you have questions about the process or Canvas, contact John Lane, Georges Detiveaux, me, or any one of your pilot colleagues. Or check out these Canvas instructor videos and other resources through our Faculty Guide. Remember to complete the Growing with Canvas faculty training available when you log in to Canvas!