Call for Pilot Faculty
UHD Early Adopters: Canvas Pedagogy Pilot Program
Application Deadline: October 7, 2022
The Office of the Provost seeks applications from faculty interested in serving as early adopters of our new learning management system, Canvas. This initiative will focus on the pedagogy of using Canvas in face-to-face, hybrid, and online courses. Our goal is to create a cadre of faculty champions and advocates to support colleagues as we move forward with the LMS transition.
Selected participants will:
- Attend/participate in 2-3 Canvas trainings in late October-November for pilot faculty
- Prepare at least one course for Spring semester in Canvas; faculty will be expected to incorporate identified best practices from LMS pedagogy subcommittee
- Provide feedback biweekly in Spring semester via survey or focus group conversations to LMS task force
- Post surveys for students in the Canvas course (survey prepared by LMS task force)
- Serve as champions and partners to support faculty training opportunities—approximately 10 hours during Summer and 1 hour/week in Fall 2023
Faculty in this program will have access to dedicated LMS transition support personnel assigned specifically to assist with their courses and students. Evaluation criteria for applications will include:
- Our goal of establishing pilot users across all departments
- All modalities of instruction represented at UHD
- Differing levels of experience among users
- Past use of Canvas for range of experience
- The number of sections and caps in each course to be taught in the pilot
- Willingness to experiment with new technologies and strategies
This initiative is limited to full-time faculty. For other learning opportunities that will be open to adjunct instructors, please visit the TTLC and/or the CTLE.
Participants who complete all tasks assigned will receive compensation totaling $1500.