National Cyber Security Awareness Month (NSCAM)
Every October we recognize National Cybersecurity Awareness Month (NCSAM) by highlighting the importance of cybersecurity. NCSAM is an annual initiative dedicated to raising awareness about the importance of cybersecurity and promoting best practices in online safety.
Each week of October will focus on a new topic.
- Week 1: Multi-factor authentication
- Week 2: Passwords and password managers
- Week 3: Phishing
- Week 4: Software updates
Did you know?
- The average total cost of a data breach in 2020 was $3.86 million and took an average of 280 days to identify and contain. (IBM)
- The use of new breach techniques has boomed as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, with 35% of breaches having leveraged new techniques in 2020. (Cynet)
- 88% of data breaches are caused by human error. (Tessian)