Work Request Controller
Basic Position Information
Job Code: 5310
Title: Work Request Controller
Department: Facilities Management
Essential Personnel: Y
Job Family: Administrative Operations
Job Sub-Family: Facilities Management
FLSA Classification: NE
Job Grade: 11
Grade Min: $39,923
Grade Mid: $46,910
UHD Succession Plan: N
Criticality of Position: N/A
Career Ladder: In-Range
Campus Security Authority: Y
Screening Committee: N
Motor Vehicle Record Check: Y
The Work Request Controller serves as liaison between the facilities management department and the campus community for all communications regarding work requests.
- Administers and maintains the work order control system, ensuring that work requests are sent to the correct department
- Receives, acknowledges, and manages all verbal, written, telephone, and electronic work order requests, updating the database as necessary
- Serves as vehicle custodian and maintains the vehicle mileage log
- Checks the status of elevators
- Monitors employee attendance and reports as necessary to the Facilities Management administrative staff
- Checks out and retrieves tools, vehicle keys, and campus keys
- Performs all other duties as assigned
Delegation of Work:
- Associate's degree
- Minimum of three (3) years experience of work experience
- Must maintain a valid, current driver's license
- Experience as front line service or help desk coordinator is preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of event setup processes
- Good technical skills, including proficiency in MS Office and in Work Request software;
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Good customer service skills
- Ability to create charts and graphs;
- Ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of individuals and constituencies in a diverse community
Work Location and Physical Demands
Primary Work Location:
- Works in an office environment
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior work environment which does not subject the employee to any unpleasant elements;
- Individual has discretion in relation to walking, standing etc., and has minimal exposure to physical risks
- Work involves some exposure to elements, such as adverse weather conditions, extreme temperatures, oils, dirt, dust, fumes, and airborne particles
- May have some exposure to noise, vibration, and moving mechanical parts
- Position requires occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, crawling, jumping, climbing, maintaining balance, and reaching
- Must have good hand-eye coordination, good spatial awareness, and the ability to identify and distinguish colors
- Must have the ability to move items of up to 25lbs
Position Specific Competencies
Commitment to Excellence - UHD
- Demonstrates a commitment to competently perform his/her job duties and responsibilities within established time frames.
- Continuously strives to improve work performance.
- Accepts responsibility for his/her commitments to the university.
- Contributes to the success of the university by consistently providing quality results in the performance of his/her job duties and responsibilities.
Respect and Cooperation
- Treats others with courtesy, respect, and dignity in the workplace.
- Promotes cooperation through open and honest communications and consideration of others ideas, thoughts, and opinions.
- Demonstrates high ethical standards of conduct in the performance of his/her job duties and responsibilities.
- Accepts responsibility for his/her actions.
- Respects and complies with department and university policies, procedures, and work rules.
- Possesses required job skills and knowledge.
- Demonstrates the ability to apply those skills and knowledge to competently perform his/her job duties and assignments.
- Takes responsibility to accomplish job assignments within reasonable deadlines.
- Willing to accept new projects and/or commitments.
- Does due diligence to complete projects within specified timeframes and/or fulfill commitments.
- Arrives to work on time prepared and ready to contribute.
- Willingly adjusts to changing work assignments or conditions.
- Open to changes in operational procedures, technology, and/or organizational structure.
- Views changes as opportunities for learning and professional development.
- Displays a positive attitude to encourage others.
- Promptly responds to changes in work priorities and/or unexpected circumstances or situations.
Computer/Automated System Proficiency
- Proficient in the use of university applications or automated systems to perform job duties.
- Complies with related policies, procedures, and work rules to maintain system security and data integrity.
Focus on Customer Service
- Focuses on customer's needs and expectations. (Customers can be students, external constituents, employees, or university guests.)
- Respectfully ascertains customer's needs and determines appropriate response.
- Promptly responds by providing requested information, takes appropriate action, or refers customer to appropriate individual or department.
- If further actions need to be taken, advises customers of realistic timeframes for a response to their request.
- Follows up with customers on outstanding requests in a timely manner.
- Tactfully explains to customers why their needs and/or expectations cannot be met if the university does not provide the requested information or services.
Student Success Indirect Support
- Contributes to student success by assisting students with anything that supports their student experience, whether directly or indirectly.
- Helps students navigate their way through the different offices, programs, and services at the university and/or connects students with the appropriate party(ies).
- Connects students with services or resources that can help them with career exploration, goal selection, and ongoing academic assistance.
- Helps students build peer support networks.
- Encourages student participation in out-of-class activities.
- Provides encouragement and guidance to foster student success.
- Treats students with respect
- Maintains the learning environment to ensure quality and/or sound pedagogy.
This job description may not encompass all duties and responsibilities associated with the position.