Human Resources Information Systems Analyst
Basic Position Information
Job Code: 2134
Title: Human Resources Information Systems Analyst
Department: Human Resources
Essential Personnel: N/A
Job Family: Human Resources
Job Sub-Family: HR Services
FLSA Classification: E
Job Grade: 17
Grade Min: $72,265
Grade Mid: $88,524
UHD Succession Plan: N
Criticality of Position: N/A
Career Ladder: In-Range
Campus Security Authority: Y
Screening Committee: N
Motor Vehicle Record Check: N
The HRIS Analyst manages and ensures the integrity of various HR information systems, develops and manages HR dashboards, creates ad hoc queries and reports, assumes the lead on HRIS projects, and provides senior level functional support and analysis.
- Manages and leads HRIS initiatives, including new projects, enhancements, and annual individual system-related activities.
- Develops and manages the HR dashboard and workforce analytics; recommends strategies for addressing gaps; creates and analyzes standard and ad hoc queries and reports
- Provides HRIS support to the university community, including, but not limited to, troubleshooting and resolving system-related issues, password resets, performing scheduled system activities, and recommending solutions or alternative methods to meet the university's requirements
- Analyzes business processes and collaborates with owners to improve system usage; performs preliminary testing and recommends improvements for assigned application modules
- Assists with data integrity by performing system audits; advises users on proper data entry procedures to use on the system.
- Drafts business case documents, specifications, and flow charts of HR business processes
- Serves as the UHD liaison to the UHD Information Technology and UHS HRIS project teams to provide support for new applications and modifications to existing applications within the HR systems
- Coordinates with vendors regarding system audits, evaluations, upgrades, contracts, and purchases, as well as system integration and implementation
- Provides supports to the IT project team in the analysis, development, and implementation of internal systems designed to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of HR business practices, in accordance with the priorities established and direction provided by HR leadership
- Supervises the development and maintenance of HR webpages and forms
- Performs all other duties as assigned
Delegation of Work:
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum of five (5) years of related job experience, including experience with Oracle PeopleSoft, Taleo or equivalent HCM/ATS
- None Required
- Experience with Talent Management Systems is preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Comprehensive knowledge of the HRIS system
- Knowledge of the trends, issues, and accepted practices of managing HRIS
- Advanced Excel skills (pivot tables and vLookups)
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to directly apply a variety of procedures, policies, and/or precedents
- Ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of individuals and constituencies in a diverse community
Work Location and Physical Demands
Primary Work Location:
- Works in an office environment.
- Work is performed in a typical, comfortable interior work environment which does not subject the employee to any unpleasant elements
- Individual has discretion in relation to walking, standing etc., and has minimal exposure to physical risks.
Position Specific Competencies
Commitment to Excellence - UHD
- Demonstrates a commitment to competently perform his/her job duties and responsibilities within established time frames.
- Continuously strives to improve work performance.
- Accepts responsibility for his/her commitments to the university.
- Contributes to the success of the university by consistently providing quality results in the performance of his/her job duties and responsibilities.
- Demonstrates high ethical standards of conduct in the performance of his/her job duties and responsibilities.
- Accepts responsibility for his/her actions.
- Respects and complies with department and university policies, procedures, and work rules.
Respect and Cooperation
- Treats others with courtesy, respect, and dignity in the workplace.
- Promotes cooperation through open and honest communications and consideration of others ideas, thoughts, and opinions.
- Possesses required job skills and knowledge.
- Demonstrates the ability to apply those skills and knowledge to competently perform his/her job duties and assignments.
- Takes responsibility to accomplish job assignments within reasonable deadlines.
- Willing to accept new projects and/or commitments.
- Does due diligence to complete projects within specified timeframes and/or fulfill commitments.
- Arrives to work on time prepared and ready to contribute.
- Willingly adjusts to changing work assignments or conditions.
- Open to changes in operational procedures, technology, and/or organizational structure.
- Views changes as opportunities for learning and professional development.
- Displays a positive attitude to encourage others.
- Promptly responds to changes in work priorities and/or unexpected circumstances or situations.
Focus on Customer Service
- Focuses on customer's needs and expectations. (Customers can be students, external constituents, employees, or university guests.)
- Respectfully ascertains customer's needs and determines appropriate response.
- Promptly responds by providing requested information, takes appropriate action, or refers customer to appropriate individual or department.
- If further actions need to be taken, advises customers of realistic timeframes for a response to their request.
- Follows up with customers on outstanding requests in a timely manner.
- Tactfully explains to customers why their needs and/or expectations cannot be met if the university does not provide the requested information or services.
- Possesses comprehensive knowledge and skills in one or more functional areas.
- Effectively applies expertise to identify user issues with existing systems and coordinate resolution with technical staff.
- Understands business processes to successfully integrate them with existing and new systems.
- Competent to coordinate requests for system modifications with technical staff.
- Willing to share expertise and provide functional assistance to others.
Student Success Indirect Support
- Contributes to student success by assisting students with anything that supports their student experience, whether directly or indirectly.
- Helps students navigate their way through the different offices, programs, and services at the university and/or connects students with the appropriate party(ies).
- Connects students with services or resources that can help them with career exploration, goal selection, and ongoing academic assistance.
- Helps students build peer support networks.
- Encourages student participation in out-of-class activities.
- Provides encouragement and guidance to foster student success.
- Treats students with respect
- Maintains the learning environment to ensure quality and/or sound pedagogy.
This job description may not encompass all duties and responsibilities associated with the position.