Functional Analyst III
Basic Position Information
Job Code: 4082
Title: Functional Analyst III
Department: Enterprise Systems
Essential Personnel: N
Job Family: Technology Services
Job Sub-Family: Enterprise Systems
FLSA Classification: NE
Job Grade: 17
Grade Min: $72,265
Grade Mid: $88,524
UHD Succession Plan: N/A
Criticality of Position: N/A
Career Ladder: In-Range
Campus Security Authority: Y
Screening Committee: N
Motor Vehicle Record Check: N
The Functional Analyst III provides technical assistance and support to end-users, troubleshoots issues, and maintains enterprise-wide applications used by the university to perform its daily operations.
- Analyzes and validates new and current processes
- Assists functional users with setups, testing, and trouble-shooting issues; assists IT staff with trouble-shooting issues with faculty, staff, and student accounts; assists DBA and developers with testing processes and approving moving applications to production
- Provides daily operational support; develops and conducts training
- Write scripts to produce ad-hoc reports at user's request
- Manage and audit user security on multiple systems
- Assigns work to subordinate; approves leave requests and timesheets; provides training, coaching, and instruction as necessary
- Attends meetings regarding the planning and implementation of new application systems; participates in Power BI projects for the development of dashboards and reports
- Plans and coordinates applications upgrades and testing with IT staff, vendors, and key users; works with vendors to resolve issues if any arise
- Processes requests and payments for maintenance and support renewal for application systems
- Performs all other duties as assigned
- Full-time Employees
Delegation of Work:
- Regularly assigns work to subordinate(s)
- Has primary responsibility for conducting performance evaluations and making recommendations for hiring and dismissing employees.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems or a related field
- Minimum of five (5) years of related job experience
- None required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of SQL
- Knowledge of the technology development process
- Up-to-date knowledge of modern applications and trends
- Good technical skills, including proficiency in MS Excel
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to install, setup, and configure utilities and/or tools
- Ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of individuals and constituencies in a diverse community
Work Location and Physical Demands
Primary Work Location:
- Works in an office environment, classroom, training room, and auditorium
- Work is performed in a typical, comfortable interior work environment which does not subject the employee to any unpleasant element
- Individual has discretion in relation to walking, standing etc., and has minimal exposure to physical risks.
- Occasional lifting and carrying of up to 25lbs may be required
- Precise hand-eye coordination is required
Position Specific Competencies
Commitment to Excellence - UHD
- Demonstrates a commitment to competently perform his/her job duties and responsibilities within established time frames.
- Continuously strives to improve work performance.
- Accepts responsibility for his/her commitments to the university.
- Contributes to the success of the university by consistently providing quality results in the performance of his/her job duties and responsibilities.
- Demonstrates high ethical standards of conduct in the performance of his/her job duties and responsibilities.
- Accepts responsibility for his/her actions.
- Respects and complies with department and university policies, procedures, and work rules.
Respect and Cooperation
- Treats others with courtesy, respect, and dignity in the workplace.
- Promotes cooperation through open and honest communications and consideration of others ideas, thoughts, and opinions.
- Possesses required job skills and knowledge.
- Demonstrates the ability to apply those skills and knowledge to competently perform his/her job duties and assignments.
- Willingly adjusts to changing work assignments or conditions.
- Open to changes in operational procedures, technology, and/or organizational structure.
- Views changes as opportunities for learning and professional development.
- Displays a positive attitude to encourage others.
- Promptly responds to changes in work priorities and/or unexpected circumstances or situations.
- Takes responsibility to accomplish job assignments within reasonable deadlines.
- Willing to accept new projects and/or commitments.
- Does due diligence to complete projects within specified timeframes and/or fulfill commitments.
- Arrives to work on time prepared and ready to contribute.
Focus on Customer Service
- Focuses on customer's needs and expectations. (Customers can be students, external constituents, employees, or university guests.)
- Respectfully ascertains customer's needs and determines appropriate response.
- Promptly responds by providing requested information, takes appropriate action, or refers customer to appropriate individual or department.
- If further actions need to be taken, advises customers of realistic timeframes for a response to their request.
- Follows up with customers on outstanding requests in a timely manner.
- Tactfully explains to customers why their needs and/or expectations cannot be met if the university does not provide the requested information or services.
- Possesses comprehensive knowledge and skills in one or more functional areas.
- Effectively applies expertise to identify user issues with existing systems and coordinate resolution with technical staff.
- Understands business processes to successfully integrate them with existing and new systems.
- Competent to coordinate requests for system modifications with technical staff.
- Willing to share expertise and provide functional assistance to others.
Student Success Indirect Support
- Contributes to student success by assisting students with anything that supports their student experience, whether directly or indirectly.
- Helps students navigate their way through the different offices, programs, and services at the university and/or connects students with the appropriate party(ies).
- Connects students with services or resources that can help them with career exploration, goal selection, and ongoing academic assistance.
- Helps students build peer support networks.
- Encourages student participation in out-of-class activities.
- Provides encouragement and guidance to foster student success.
- Treats students with respect
- Maintains the learning environment to ensure quality and/or sound pedagogy.
This job description may not encompass all duties and responsibilities associated with the position.