Director, College Data Analytics
Basic Position Information
Job Code: 2774
Title: Director, College Data Analytics
Department: College of Public Service
Essential Personnel: N
Job Family: Academic Administration
Job Sub-Family: Academic Affairs
FLSA Classification: E
Job Grade: 16
Grade Min: $65,866
Grade Mid: $79,040
UHD Succession Plan: N
Criticality of Position: N/A
Career Ladder: In-Range
Campus Security Authority: Y
Screening Committee: Y
Motor Vehicle Record Check: N
The Director of College Data Analytics serves as the lead administrator for TK20, maintaining the technology platform for all secondary applications, students' e-portfolios, and student teaching/field placement binders for students in the College of Public Service.
- Completes TK20 administration work in the system. Creates and provides training and outreach materials for all users. Runs reports from TK20 for external audits and program improvement.
- Develops, implements, and disseminates metrics about quality, performance and outcomes. Collaborates across the CPS and UHD enrollment management, student success and advising. Provides data driven and data collection support for enrollment, retention and graduation efforts.
- Advances the CPS strategic direction and delivery of high-quality execution of project deliverables aligned with CPS priority goals and the dean's vision. Works with the college advisory board in implementing the entrance and exit climate survey and recommending possible improvement.
- Directs and develops data collection systems for state and federal mandated reporting for teacher education applicants, majors, graduates, and various college programs for accreditation purposes.
- Establishes a set of measures to track progress relating to the goals and activities of the college. Creates visualizations and dashboards to show potential improvement and areas that need attention. Works with the dean's office and department chairs to align university, college, and department goals.
- Provides reports for both internal and external partners to enhance data-driven decision-making. Utilizes both internal and external data sets to inform policy, procedures, and decision-making within programs. Creates, administers, collects, and analyzes Qualtrics surveys at the college and department level.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
Delegation of Work:
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Social Work, Public Administration, Management, Organizational development, Data Management, or a related field.
- Minimum of five (5) years of related job experience
- None required
- Master's degree in Community Development, Social Work, Public Administration, or Data Management is preferred.
- Experience creating and delivering presentations and training is preferred.
- Knowledge of programmatic assessment, specialty and regional accreditation requirements, and trends and best practice in assessment and accreditation is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge and understanding of learning management systems;
- Knowledge of student information systems and/or client database systems.
- Good technical skills, including proficiency in MS Excel;
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Good time management skills.
- Good data management, organization and visualization skills.
- Ability to multitask;
- Ability to work with others to troubleshoot individual or systematic issues;
- Ability to effectively communicate and work with a wide range of individuals, external stakeholders, and constituencies in a diverse university community.
Work Location and Physical Demands
Primary Work Location:
- Works in an office environment.
- Work is performed in a typical interior work environment which does not subject the employee to any unpleasant elements; individual has discretion in relation to walking, standing etc., and has minimal exposure to physical risks.
Position Specific Competencies
Commitment to Excellence - UHD
- Demonstrates a commitment to competently perform his/her job duties and responsibilities within established time frames.
- Continuously strives to improve work performance.
- Accepts responsibility for his/her commitments to the university.
- Contributes to the success of the university by consistently providing quality results in the performance of his/her job duties and responsibilities.
- Demonstrates high ethical standards of conduct in the performance of his/her job duties and responsibilities.
- Accepts responsibility for his/her actions.
- Respects and complies with department and university policies, procedures, and work rules.
Respect and Cooperation
- Treats others with courtesy, respect, and dignity in the workplace.
- Promotes cooperation through open and honest communications and consideration of others ideas, thoughts, and opinions.
- Takes responsibility to accomplish job assignments within reasonable deadlines.
- Willing to accept new projects and/or commitments.
- Does due diligence to complete projects within specified timeframes and/or fulfill commitments.
- Arrives to work on time prepared and ready to contribute.
- Willingly adjusts to changing work assignments or conditions.
- Open to changes in operational procedures, technology, and/or organizational structure.
- Views changes as opportunities for learning and professional development.
- Displays a positive attitude to encourage others.
- Promptly responds to changes in work priorities and/or unexpected circumstances or situations.
- Possesses required job skills and knowledge.
- Demonstrates the ability to apply those skills and knowledge to competently perform his/her job duties and assignments.
Focus on Customer Service
- Focuses on customer's needs and expectations. (Customers can be students, external constituents, employees, or university guests.)
- Respectfully ascertains customer's needs and determines appropriate response.
- Promptly responds by providing requested information, takes appropriate action, or refers customer to appropriate individual or department.
- If further actions need to be taken, advises customers of realistic timeframes for a response to their request.
- Follows up with customers on outstanding requests in a timely manner.
- Tactfully explains to customers why their needs and/or expectations cannot be met if the university does not provide the requested information or services.
Computer/Automated System Proficiency
- Proficient in the use of university applications or automated systems to perform job duties.
- Complies with related policies, procedures, and work rules to maintain system security and data integrity.
- Manages project stages from proposal to completion ensuring project objectives are met within project budget and projected time frames.
- Clearly defines roles and responsibilities of project team; ascertains and secures necessary resources; and monitors project performance.
- Keeps management apprised of project status.
Research and Analysis
- Applies knowledge and skills to collect and analyze relevant data and information.
- Assesses benefits and risks, and prepares comprehensive reports of findings.
- Submits recommendations for management's review and evaluation.
- Demonstrates the ability to orally convey subject or message clearly and concisely to the intended audience.
- Generates interest and enthusiasm in the subject or message from the participants.
- Responds to participants' reactions or comments, and adjusts delivery style and/or format of presentation as needed.
- Possesses a thorough understanding of the subject or topic to provide practical responses to questions or issues.
- Displays applicable visuals and provides appropriate written materials to support the presentation.
- Possesses comprehensive knowledge and skills in a technical area.
- Effectively applies expertise to troubleshoot existing systems and develop solutions with existing technology.
- Competent to learn new technologies and integrate them with existing technology.
- Willing to share expertise and provide technical assistance to others.
Student Success Indirect Support
- Contributes to student success by assisting students with anything that supports their student experience, whether directly or indirectly.
- Helps students navigate their way through the different offices, programs, and services at the university and/or connects students with the appropriate party(ies).
- Connects students with services or resources that can help them with career exploration, goal selection, and ongoing academic assistance.
- Helps students build peer support networks.
- Encourages student participation in out-of-class activities.
- Provides encouragement and guidance to foster student success.
- Treats students with respect
- Maintains the learning environment to ensure quality and/or sound pedagogy.
This job description may not encompass all duties and responsibilities associated with the position.