Director, Campus Solutions Services
Basic Position Information
Job Code: 2473
Title: Director, Campus Solutions Services
Department: Enrollment Management
Essential Personnel: Y
Job Family: Technology Services
Job Sub-Family: Non-IT Technical Staff
FLSA Classification: E
Job Grade: 17
Grade Min: $72,265
Grade Mid: $88,524
UHD Succession Plan: N
Criticality of Position: N/A
Career Ladder: Individualized
Campus Security Authority: Y
Screening Committee: Y
Motor Vehicle Record Check: N
The Director of Campus Solution Services provides PeopleSoft system support to the UHD community and coordinates and executes user security procedures and protocols. The Director serves as a liaison between UHD and UHS in relation to system enhancements, testing, validation, communication, and review approval, and ensures that system upgrades are in compliance with UHS guidelines and UHD policies and procedures.
- Responds to systems issues reported by users via email, text, or footprint ticket, resolving the issue, and providing timely and regular feedback to the user about progress until the solution can be communicated; replicates the issue reported in a non-production environment as necessary; requests assistance from UHS CSS as required; provides recommendations as appropriate to user(s) to prevent an issue from reoccurring
- Reviews and processes all campus solutions security forms submitted by the UHD community for new user access, transitions, and reinstatements; provides information to users regarding security roles, the approvals process, and the process of uploading forms to Campus Solutions
- Acts as a liaison between business areas and UHS regarding new system functionality and related requests; reviews and tests new functionality on systems; performs demos when possible and explains changes in the system to users; helps business owners to determine their system needs; coordinates communications regarding decisions relating to system developments; coordinates and supports images (patches) testing for student information system and security, obtaining the necessary sign-off
- Addresses communications from supervisors; provides system-related information to users as required
- Assists during registration periods by reviewing PeopleSoft and helping to resolve issues
- Assists with creating and delivering job-aid documentation for communication and training modules as required.
- Supervises and supports the CSS team, reviewing performance and productivity; addresses challenges identified by the CSS team via email, phone, or meetings with other departments
- Performs all other duties as assigned
- Full-time Employees
Delegation of Work:
- Regularly assigns work to subordinate(s)
- Has primary responsibility for conducting performance evaluations and making recommendations for hiring and dismissing employees.
- Bachelor's degree in Data Analytics, Project Management, or a related field
- Minimum of seven (7) years of related job experience
- None required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of the higher education environment;
- General knowledge of modules and data interaction; basic understanding of project planning.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills;
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills;
- Strong proficiency in using computer software, particularly MS Office programs, SmartSheets, and PeopleSoft (Campus Solutions) Student Information System.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and organize;
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable in response to changing needs and events;
- Ability to manage people;
- Ability to deliver demonstrations and training to the UHD community.
Work Location and Physical Demands
Primary Work Location:
- Works in an office environment.
- Work is performed in a typical, comfortable interior work environment which does not subject the employee to any unpleasant elements; individual has discretion in relation to walking, standing etc., and has minimal exposure to physical risks.
Position Specific Competencies
Commitment to Excellence - UHD
- Demonstrates a commitment to competently perform his/her job duties and responsibilities within established time frames.
- Continuously strives to improve work performance.
- Accepts responsibility for his/her commitments to the university.
- Contributes to the success of the university by consistently providing quality results in the performance of his/her job duties and responsibilities.
- Demonstrates high ethical standards of conduct in the performance of his/her job duties and responsibilities.
- Accepts responsibility for his/her actions.
- Respects and complies with department and university policies, procedures, and work rules.
Respect and Cooperation
- Treats others with courtesy, respect, and dignity in the workplace.
- Promotes cooperation through open and honest communications and consideration of others ideas, thoughts, and opinions.
- Takes responsibility to accomplish job assignments within reasonable deadlines.
- Willing to accept new projects and/or commitments.
- Does due diligence to complete projects within specified timeframes and/or fulfill commitments.
- Arrives to work on time prepared and ready to contribute.
- Willingly adjusts to changing work assignments or conditions.
- Open to changes in operational procedures, technology, and/or organizational structure.
- Views changes as opportunities for learning and professional development.
- Displays a positive attitude to encourage others.
- Promptly responds to changes in work priorities and/or unexpected circumstances or situations.
- Possesses required job skills and knowledge.
- Demonstrates the ability to apply those skills and knowledge to competently perform his/her job duties and assignments.
Customer Relations Management
- Ensures customer's needs and expectations are addressed within his/her department or section. (Customers can be students, external constituents, employees, or university guests.)
- Mentors and guides department/section staff by sharing knowledge and best practices to appropriately respond to customer's requests.
- Monitors staff interactions with customers for professional conduct, consistent application of university policies and procedures, and follow up of outstanding requests.
- Assumes responsibility for addressing complex or unusual requests.
- Manages department or section operations consistent with department/section goals and objectives.
- Administers the department/section budget ensuring effective utilization of financial resources and appropriate disbursement of funds.
- Fosters a cooperative and productive work environment through motivation, encouragement, and mentorship of staff.
- Ensures department/section compliance with university and department policies, procedures, and work rules.
- Keeps management apprised of department/section activities and issues requiring senior management input.
- Supervises the work of staff employees.
- Sets clear goals and expectations within reasonable timeframes.
- Motivates staff through constructive feedback, challenging assignments, and recognition of achievements.
- Provides mentorship and guidance by sharing expertise and best practices.
- Supports staff by providing essential resources, professional development opportunities, and open communication.
- Promptly addresses performance issues with appropriate measures and discretion.
- Demonstrates the ability to make informed decisions in a timely manner.
- Assimilates and/or secures relevant information to assess the risks and benefits of alternatives.
- Considers impact of decision in the long and short term.
- Demonstrates the ability to orally convey subject or message clearly and concisely to the intended audience.
- Generates interest and enthusiasm in the subject or message from the participants.
- Responds to participants' reactions or comments, and adjusts delivery style and/or format of presentation as needed.
- Possesses a thorough understanding of the subject or topic to provide practical responses to questions or issues.
- Displays applicable visuals and provides appropriate written materials to support the presentation.
Computer/Automated System Proficiency
- Proficient in the use of university applications or automated systems to perform job duties.
- Complies with related policies, procedures, and work rules to maintain system security and data integrity.
- Possesses comprehensive knowledge and skills in one or more functional areas.
- Effectively applies expertise to identify user issues with existing systems and coordinate resolution with technical staff.
- Understands business processes to successfully integrate them with existing and new systems.
- Competent to coordinate requests for system modifications with technical staff.
- Willing to share expertise and provide functional assistance to others.
Student Success Indirect Support
- Contributes to student success by assisting students with anything that supports their student experience, whether directly or indirectly.
- Helps students navigate their way through the different offices, programs, and services at the university and/or connects students with the appropriate party(ies).
- Connects students with services or resources that can help them with career exploration, goal selection, and ongoing academic assistance.
- Helps students build peer support networks.
- Encourages student participation in out-of-class activities.
- Provides encouragement and guidance to foster student success.
- Treats students with respect
- Maintains the learning environment to ensure quality and/or sound pedagogy.
This job description may not encompass all duties and responsibilities associated with the position.