Coordinator, Student Reclamation
Basic Position Information
Job Code: 2159
Title: Coordinator, Student Reclamation
Department: University College
Essential Personnel: N
Job Family: Enrollment Management
Job Sub-Family: Admissions
FLSA Classification: E
Job Grade: 13
Grade Min: $47,731
Grade Mid: $57,277
UHD Succession Plan: N
Criticality of Position: N/A
Career Ladder: In-Range
Campus Security Authority: Y
Screening Committee: N
Motor Vehicle Record Check: N
The Coordinator, Student Reclamation directs and oversees Student Reclamation programs to re-engage and graduate former UHD students. The Coordinator recruits new transfer students with some credit, no credentials (SCNC), and coordinates with cross-campus partners.
- Advises and assists students in navigating UHD from admission to graduation
- Recruits former UHD stopped out students as well as new transfer "some credit, no credential" SCNC students
- Oversees the operational elements of student reclamation programs including data management
- Collaborates with campus partners to develop business processes to facilitate the engagement of SCNC students from admission to graduation
- Creates and/or coordinates communications for student reclamation
- Develops and plans the implementation of student reclamation initiatives
- Hires, trains, and supervises support staff and student workers
- Performs all other duties as assigned
- Supervises support staff and student workers
Delegation of Work:
- Regularly assigns work to subordinate(s)
- Trains and counsels subordinate(s). Has responsibility for scheduling work hours and granting time off. May conduct performance evaluations and make recommendations for hiring and dismissing employees.
- Bachelor's degree in Communication, Education, Marketing or a related field
- Minimum of 3 (three) years of related job experience, including experience with institutional policy and program implementation.
- None required
- Master's degree is preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of trends, issues, and accepted practices relevant to the position
- Good technical skills, including proficiency in MS Excel, MS Access, and PeopleSoft;
- Strong analytical and problem
- solving skills;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including good public speaking skills;
- Good project management skills
- Ability to collect, analyze, and interpret large volumes of data;
- Ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of individuals and constituencies in a diverse university community
Work Location and Physical Demands
Primary Work Location:
- Works in an office environment
- Work is performed in a typical interior work environment which does not subject the employee to any unpleasant elements;
- Individual has discretion in relation to walking, standing, etc., and has minimal exposure to physical risks
Position Specific Competencies
Commitment to Excellence - UHD
- Demonstrates a commitment to competently perform his/her job duties and responsibilities within established time frames.
- Continuously strives to improve work performance.
- Accepts responsibility for his/her commitments to the university.
- Contributes to the success of the university by consistently providing quality results in the performance of his/her job duties and responsibilities.
- Demonstrates high ethical standards of conduct in the performance of his/her job duties and responsibilities.
- Accepts responsibility for his/her actions.
- Respects and complies with department and university policies, procedures, and work rules.
Respect and Cooperation
- Treats others with courtesy, respect, and dignity in the workplace.
- Promotes cooperation through open and honest communications and consideration of others ideas, thoughts, and opinions.
- Possesses required job skills and knowledge.
- Demonstrates the ability to apply those skills and knowledge to competently perform his/her job duties and assignments.
- Takes responsibility to accomplish job assignments within reasonable deadlines.
- Willing to accept new projects and/or commitments.
- Does due diligence to complete projects within specified timeframes and/or fulfill commitments.
- Arrives to work on time prepared and ready to contribute.
- Willingly adjusts to changing work assignments or conditions.
- Open to changes in operational procedures, technology, and/or organizational structure.
- Views changes as opportunities for learning and professional development.
- Displays a positive attitude to encourage others.
- Promptly responds to changes in work priorities and/or unexpected circumstances or situations.
Computer/Automated System Proficiency
- Proficient in the use of university applications or automated systems to perform job duties.
- Complies with related policies, procedures, and work rules to maintain system security and data integrity.
Research and Analysis
- Applies knowledge and skills to collect and analyze relevant data and information.
- Assesses benefits and risks, and prepares comprehensive reports of findings.
- Submits recommendations for management's review and evaluation.
- Communicates clearly, concisely, and with courtesy.
- Carefully listens to customer or thoroughly reads correspondence, and uses good judgment to respond appropriately. (Customers can be students, external constituents, employees, or university guests.)
- Communicates requests for further action or resources to appropriate individuals with tact.
- Leads the work of assigned staff.
- Assigns projects and tasks with clear instructions and understanding of work to be performed.
- Mentors and guides by sharing expertise, knowledge of work rules and procedures, and best practices.
- Follows up to ensure tasks and projects are completed within reasonable timeframes.
Student Success Indirect Support
- Contributes to student success by assisting students with anything that supports their student experience, whether directly or indirectly.
- Helps students navigate their way through the different offices, programs, and services at the university and/or connects students with the appropriate party(ies).
- Connects students with services or resources that can help them with career exploration, goal selection, and ongoing academic assistance.
- Helps students build peer support networks.
- Encourages student participation in out-of-class activities.
- Provides encouragement and guidance to foster student success.
- Treats students with respect
- Maintains the learning environment to ensure quality and/or sound pedagogy.
This job description may not encompass all duties and responsibilities associated with the position.