Basic Position Information
Job Code: 5105
Title: Contracts Supervisor
Department: Facilities Management
Essential Personnel: Y
Job Family: Administrative Operations
Job Sub-Family: Facilities Management
FLSA Classification: NE
Job Grade: 14
Grade Min: $52,981
Grade Mid: $63,578
UHD Succession Plan: N
Criticality of Position: N/A
Career Ladder: In-Range
Campus Security Authority: Y
Screening Committee: N
Motor Vehicle Record Check: Y
The Contracts Supervisor manages contracted vendors by creating and coordinating job scope for renovations, flooring, glazing, and building maintenance repairs and new installations by using AutoCAD software, contacting qualified contractors, using the work order system, and by overseeing contractors working on the project.
- Creates a scope of work for building, remodeling, and renovation projects, to include AutoCad drawings; sends invitations to bid to qualified contractors who can safely and professionally complete a project within a set budget and timeline; coordinates projects and the contractors and in-house personnel involved.
- Manages contracted vendors and laborers related to construction, renovation, loss mitigation, and capital improvement projects to ensure that the technical aspects of the design and construction are implemented, and that the project remains a safe and secure area for workers, students, faculty, staff, and visitors.
- Monitors scheduling; reports to stakeholders and to the management team on project status.
- Formulates methods for best practices for the project management team and contracted vendors.
- Provides contract administration services throughout the project, including managing the scope of work, bids, request for proposals, contract documentation, budget updating, and completing general administrative tasks.
- Develops, reviews, revises, consolidates, and maintains architectural and engineering Auto Cad drawings.
- Conducts random inspections of jobsites to monitor progress and to ensure that safety protocols are in place.
- Interacts as necessary with Architects, Engineers, and other construction consultants for design concepts and interior design.
- Develops specifications for construction materials, furniture, fixtures, and equipment.
- Liaises as necessary with contractors, answering all questions during the project, including those relating to required changes to the scope of work.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Drives University vehicles
- May supervise student workers
Delegation of Work:
- May assign work to subordinate(s)
- Provides routine supervision for contractors. May train and counsel subordinate(s). May provide feedback to a supervisor regarding other employees' performance, but does not make hiring and dismissal recommendations.
- Associate degree or 60+ hours of higher education in related field
- Minimum of one (1) year of related job experience
- Must maintain a valid, current driver's license.
- Bachelor's degree in Architecture, Construction, Engineering, Business Management, or a related field is preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of the full range of contract administration services, from developing the scope of work, to soliciting bids, and project management and the related trends, issues, and accepted practices;
- Knowledge of federal and state Building Codes, including ADA and IBC.
- Good technical skills, including proficiency in AutoCAD, MS Office, Adobe, and RS Means;
- Strong project management skills, good analytical and problem
- solving skills;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to estimate costs;
- Ability to use a work order system; ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of individuals and constituencies in a diverse community.
Work Location and Physical Demands
Primary Work Location:
- Routine exposure to various types of construction sites and mechanical work areas.
- Employee will be routinely exposed to normal hazards of construction, demolition, and mechanical equipment. Work involves some exposure to elements, such as adverse weather conditions, extreme temperatures, oils, dirt, dust, fumes, and airborne particles. Position requires maintaining physical condition necessary for sitting, standing, or walking for prolonged periods of time, as well as for bending, stooping, kneeling, crawling, jumping, climbing, and frequent reaching. May be exposed to moving mechanical parts, hazardous traffic conditions, potentially hazardous or cancer-causing agents or chemicals, and the risk of electric shock. May, on rare occasions, be required to work in a confined space or in a high, dangerous place. May be exposed to vibration or noise. Must have precise hand-eye coordination, good spatial awareness, and the ability to identify and distinguish colors. Must have the ability to move items of up to 30lbs.
Position Specific Competencies
Commitment to Excellence - UHD
- Demonstrates a commitment to competently perform his/her job duties and responsibilities within established time frames.
- Continuously strives to improve work performance.
- Accepts responsibility for his/her commitments to the university.
- Contributes to the success of the university by consistently providing quality results in the performance of his/her job duties and responsibilities.
- Takes responsibility to accomplish job assignments within reasonable deadlines.
- Willing to accept new projects and/or commitments.
- Does due diligence to complete projects within specified timeframes and/or fulfill commitments.
- Arrives to work on time prepared and ready to contribute.
- Willingly adjusts to changing work assignments or conditions.
- Open to changes in operational procedures, technology, and/or organizational structure.
- Views changes as opportunities for learning and professional development.
- Displays a positive attitude to encourage others.
- Promptly responds to changes in work priorities and/or unexpected circumstances or situations.
Focus on Customer Service
- Focuses on customer's needs and expectations. (Customers can be students, external constituents, employees, or university guests.)
- Respectfully ascertains customer's needs and determines appropriate response.
- Promptly responds by providing requested information, takes appropriate action, or refers customer to appropriate individual or department.
- If further actions need to be taken, advises customers of realistic timeframes for a response to their request.
- Follows up with customers on outstanding requests in a timely manner.
- Tactfully explains to customers why their needs and/or expectations cannot be met if the university does not provide the requested information or services.
- Demonstrates high ethical standards of conduct in the performance of his/her job duties and responsibilities.
- Accepts responsibility for his/her actions.
- Respects and complies with department and university policies, procedures, and work rules.
- Possesses required job skills and knowledge.
- Demonstrates the ability to apply those skills and knowledge to competently perform his/her job duties and assignments.
- Manages project stages from proposal to completion ensuring project objectives are met within project budget and projected time frames.
- Clearly defines roles and responsibilities of project team; ascertains and secures necessary resources; and monitors project performance.
- Keeps management apprised of project status.
Respect and Cooperation
- Treats others with courtesy, respect, and dignity in the workplace.
- Promotes cooperation through open and honest communications and consideration of others ideas, thoughts, and opinions.
- Leads the work of assigned staff.
- Assigns projects and tasks with clear instructions and understanding of work to be performed.
- Mentors and guides by sharing expertise, knowledge of work rules and procedures, and best practices.
- Follows up to ensure tasks and projects are completed within reasonable timeframes.
Student Success Indirect Support
- Contributes to student success by assisting students with anything that supports their student experience, whether directly or indirectly.
- Helps students navigate their way through the different offices, programs, and services at the university and/or connects students with the appropriate party(ies).
- Connects students with services or resources that can help them with career exploration, goal selection, and ongoing academic assistance.
- Helps students build peer support networks.
- Encourages student participation in out-of-class activities.
- Provides encouragement and guidance to foster student success.
- Treats students with respect
- Maintains the learning environment to ensure quality and/or sound pedagogy.
This job description may not encompass all duties and responsibilities associated with the position.