Assistant Director, Off Campus Operations
Basic Position Information
Job Code: 2004
Title: Assistant Director, Off Campus Operations
Department: Distance Education
Essential Personnel: N
Job Family: Academic Administration
Job Sub-Family: Program Administration
FLSA Classification: E
Job Grade: 15
Grade Min: $58,809
Grade Mid: $70,571
UHD Succession Plan: N
Criticality of Position: Significant
Career Ladder: In-Range
Campus Security Authority: Y
Screening Committee: Y
Motor Vehicle Record Check: N
The Assistant Director, Off Campus Operations provide academic and administrative oversight for off campus locations.
- Provides academic support for prospective, transfer, and current students; provides assistance with admission and registration; assists with academic advising and graduation planning; prepares, organizes, and executes off campus transfer orientations; conducts degree audits; provides general assistance to students via email, phone, and in-person.
- Works closely with other college and administrative units to coordinate and implement strategic plans; meets with department chairs to ensure degree courses are offered at off-campus locations; processes off-campus book orders for faculty; ensures that faculty obtains up-to-date information regarding NW campus facilities and resources.
- Hires and supervises off campus staff and student workers; creates and posts Distance Education positions on the applicant tracking system; reviews and interviews candidates; develops and reviews training manuals, manages and approves employee time; manages administrative assistant yearly appraisal; coordinates trainings as required.
- Organizes, executes, and participates in off campus events; maintains the Distance Education Event Calendar; creates and coordinates events for off campus locations for UHD Homecoming and Welcome Week, and for various other events during the year for off campus student engagement; promotes events on social media; works with the UHD Marketing department to develop suitable marketing materials.
- Participates in recruiting events, including, but not limited to, Open House, Classroom Visits, and Information Sessions.
- Develops and coordinates the collection and analysis of data to assess efficiency; creates and distributes off campus surveys to faculty and staff for feedback on facilities and class availabilities; maintains data to ensure all services are offered to off-campus students; maintains data on class offerings per semester; submits an annual report containing all relevant data in a timely manner.
- Edits and maintains the off campus websites; uses Site Improvement analytics on a monthly basis to provide feedback on bounce back rates and other website-related data.
- Attends meetings as necessary to stay up to date with policies and procedures and to collaborate with other college and administrative units.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Supervises student workers and/or temporary employees
Delegation of Work:
- Regularly assigns work to subordinate(s)
- Supervises the work of student and/or temporary employees.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum of five (5) years of related job experience
- None Required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of the trends, issues, and accepted practices relevant to off campus operations.
- Strong technical skills, including proficiency in MS Office, PeopleSoft, e
- Intelligence, and CRM, and EAB Navigate
- Excellent customer service skills
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to build a rapport with students and prospective students
- Ability to work with a team
- Ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of individuals and constituencies in a diverse community.
Work Location and Physical Demands
Primary Work Location:
- Works in an office environment.
- Work is usually performed in a typical interior work environment which does not subject the employee to any unpleasant elements May occasionally be required to work in inclement weather conditions Individual has discretion in relation to walking, standing etc., and has minimal exposure to physical risks Must be able to move up to 15lbs.
Position Specific Competencies
Commitment to Excellence - UHD
- Demonstrates a commitment to competently perform his/her job duties and responsibilities within established time frames.
- Continuously strives to improve work performance.
- Accepts responsibility for his/her commitments to the university.
- Contributes to the success of the university by consistently providing quality results in the performance of his/her job duties and responsibilities.
Customer Relations Management
- Ensures customer's needs and expectations are addressed within his/her department or section. (Customers can be students, external constituents, employees, or university guests.)
- Mentors and guides department/section staff by sharing knowledge and best practices to appropriately respond to customer's requests.
- Monitors staff interactions with customers for professional conduct, consistent application of university policies and procedures, and follow up of outstanding requests.
- Assumes responsibility for addressing complex or unusual requests.
- Takes responsibility to accomplish job assignments within reasonable deadlines.
- Willing to accept new projects and/or commitments.
- Does due diligence to complete projects within specified timeframes and/or fulfill commitments.
- Arrives to work on time prepared and ready to contribute.
- Willingly adjusts to changing work assignments or conditions.
- Open to changes in operational procedures, technology, and/or organizational structure.
- Views changes as opportunities for learning and professional development.
- Displays a positive attitude to encourage others.
- Promptly responds to changes in work priorities and/or unexpected circumstances or situations.
- Demonstrates high ethical standards of conduct in the performance of his/her job duties and responsibilities.
- Accepts responsibility for his/her actions.
- Respects and complies with department and university policies, procedures, and work rules.
- Formulates plans and strategies to proactively resolve anticipated problems.
- Prudently responds to unforeseen problems through careful consideration and analysis of problem and relevant information and circumstances.
- Recognizes and apprises appropriate university administrator when resolution requires senior management input and/or approval.
- Possesses required job skills and knowledge.
- Demonstrates the ability to apply those skills and knowledge to competently perform his/her job duties and assignments.
Respect and Cooperation
- Treats others with courtesy, respect, and dignity in the workplace.
- Promotes cooperation through open and honest communications and consideration of others ideas, thoughts, and opinions.
- Supervises the work of staff employees.
- Sets clear goals and expectations within reasonable timeframes.
- Motivates staff through constructive feedback, challenging assignments, and recognition of achievements.
- Provides mentorship and guidance by sharing expertise and best practices.
- Supports staff by providing essential resources, professional development opportunities, and open communication.
- Promptly addresses performance issues with appropriate measures and discretion.
- Manages department or section operations consistent with department/section goals and objectives.
- Administers the department/section budget ensuring effective utilization of financial resources and appropriate disbursement of funds.
- Fosters a cooperative and productive work environment through motivation, encouragement, and mentorship of staff.
- Ensures department/section compliance with university and department policies, procedures, and work rules.
- Keeps management apprised of department/section activities and issues requiring senior management input.
Student Success Indirect Support
- Contributes to student success by assisting students with anything that supports their student experience, whether directly or indirectly.
- Helps students navigate their way through the different offices, programs, and services at the university and/or connects students with the appropriate party(ies).
- Connects students with services or resources that can help them with career exploration, goal selection, and ongoing academic assistance.
- Helps students build peer support networks.
- Encourages student participation in out-of-class activities.
- Provides encouragement and guidance to foster student success.
- Treats students with respect
- Maintains the learning environment to ensure quality and/or sound pedagogy.
This job description may not encompass all duties and responsibilities associated with the position.