Assistant Director, Enrollment Communications and Client Relations Management
Basic Position Information
Job Code: 2209
Title: Assistant Director, Enrollment Communications and Client Relations Management
Department: Enrollment Management
Essential Personnel: N
Job Family: External Relations
Job Sub-Family: Communications & Marketing
FLSA Classification: E
Job Grade: 15
Grade Min: $58,809
Grade Mid: $70,571
UHD Succession Plan: N
Criticality of Position: N/A
Career Ladder: In-Range
Campus Security Authority: Y
Screening Committee: N
Motor Vehicle Record Check: N
The Assistant Director of Enrollment Communications and Client Relations Management (CRM) supports student enrollment through targeted, multi-channel, and timely communications. Through collaboration with Enrollment Management departments, graduate programs, and student support services, influence student behavior by creating effective messaging to accomplish University goals. Manages the CRM product, including design, user support, and database management.
- Manages, produces, and executes robust multi-channel communications and campaigns, targeting various groups throughout enrollment
- Develops and manages the CRM platform, training all users, utilizing the platform for communication campaigns and institutional reporting, supporting the daily use of the CRM for users, and preparing reports of Client Relations Management (CRM)
- Produces and manages the content for UHD News and the Enrollment Management monthly newsletter
- Supports various internal constituents in promoting events or other initiatives using email and text message campaigns, content for flyers or other graphics, call campaign scripts, and video scripts, among other mediums
- Prepares written content for emails, text messages, postcards, etc. Including the development of HTML email templates
- Manages and utilizes all of the various platforms used to communicate with students and send mass communications
- Regularly attends professional development events to ensure that the university remains responsive to changes in communication needs and trends
- Creates Client Relations Management events and assists with event management
- Creates new and updates existing digital graphics materials
- Maintains Client Relations Management (CRM) functionality and availability
- Performs all other duties as assigned
- May supervise staff
Delegation of Work:
- May assign, schedule and monitor the work of staff
- Trains and counsels subordinate(s). Does not conduct performance evaluations, but opinion is considered when a supervisor is making hiring, promotion, and dismissal decisions.
- Bachelor's degree in English, Communications, Journalism, Management Information Systems, or a related field
- Minimum of four (4) years of related job experience
- Experience in Higher education
- None Required
- Experience with mass communication platforms sending emails and text messages
- Event promotion and recruitment experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Good knowledge of a number of software platforms
- Familiarity with APA style
- Knowledge of modern methods of communicating with prospective students
- Strong grammatical and writing skills
- Good technical skills, including proficiency in MS Office
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to create effective communications in a variety of mediums
- Ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of individuals and constituencies in a diverse community
Work Location and Physical Demands
Primary Work Location:
- Works in an office environment
- Work is performed in a typical, comfortable interior work environment which does not subject the employee to any unpleasant elements Individual has discretion in relation to walking, standing, etc., and has minimal exposure to physical risks
Position Specific Competencies
Commitment to Excellence - UHD
- Demonstrates a commitment to competently perform his/her job duties and responsibilities within established time frames.
- Continuously strives to improve work performance.
- Accepts responsibility for his/her commitments to the university.
- Contributes to the success of the university by consistently providing quality results in the performance of his/her job duties and responsibilities.
- Demonstrates high ethical standards of conduct in the performance of his/her job duties and responsibilities.
- Accepts responsibility for his/her actions.
- Respects and complies with department and university policies, procedures, and work rules.
Respect and Cooperation
- Treats others with courtesy, respect, and dignity in the workplace.
- Promotes cooperation through open and honest communications and consideration of others ideas, thoughts, and opinions.
- Takes responsibility to accomplish job assignments within reasonable deadlines.
- Willing to accept new projects and/or commitments.
- Does due diligence to complete projects within specified timeframes and/or fulfill commitments.
- Arrives to work on time prepared and ready to contribute.
- Willingly adjusts to changing work assignments or conditions.
- Open to changes in operational procedures, technology, and/or organizational structure.
- Views changes as opportunities for learning and professional development.
- Displays a positive attitude to encourage others.
- Promptly responds to changes in work priorities and/or unexpected circumstances or situations.
- Possesses required job skills and knowledge.
- Demonstrates the ability to apply those skills and knowledge to competently perform his/her job duties and assignments.
- Manages project stages from proposal to completion ensuring project objectives are met within project budget and projected time frames.
- Clearly defines roles and responsibilities of project team; ascertains and secures necessary resources; and monitors project performance.
- Keeps management apprised of project status.
- Formulates plans and strategies to proactively resolve anticipated problems.
- Prudently responds to unforeseen problems through careful consideration and analysis of problem and relevant information and circumstances.
- Recognizes and apprises appropriate university administrator when resolution requires senior management input and/or approval.
- Leads the work of assigned staff.
- Assigns projects and tasks with clear instructions and understanding of work to be performed.
- Mentors and guides by sharing expertise, knowledge of work rules and procedures, and best practices.
- Follows up to ensure tasks and projects are completed within reasonable timeframes.
- Demonstrates the ability to express information clearly and concisely in writing.
- Formulates and writes information to effectively communicate messages, ideas, and/or concepts for the intended recipient or audience.
- Uses appropriate words and tone, and correct grammar.
Computer/Automated System Proficiency
- Proficient in the use of university applications or automated systems to perform job duties.
- Complies with related policies, procedures, and work rules to maintain system security and data integrity.
- Possesses comprehensive knowledge and skills in one or more functional areas.
- Effectively applies expertise to identify user issues with existing systems and coordinate resolution with technical staff.
- Understands business processes to successfully integrate them with existing and new systems.
- Competent to coordinate requests for system modifications with technical staff.
- Willing to share expertise and provide functional assistance to others.
Focus on Customer Service
- Focuses on customer's needs and expectations. (Customers can be students, external constituents, employees, or university guests.)
- Respectfully ascertains customer's needs and determines appropriate response.
- Promptly responds by providing requested information, takes appropriate action, or refers customer to appropriate individual or department.
- If further actions need to be taken, advises customers of realistic timeframes for a response to their request.
- Follows up with customers on outstanding requests in a timely manner.
- Tactfully explains to customers why their needs and/or expectations cannot be met if the university does not provide the requested information or services.
- Possesses comprehensive knowledge and skills with multiple hardware and software systems.
- Effectively applies expertise to identify and troubleshoot user issues.
- Competent to install and configure new systems.
- Willing to share expertise and provide technical support to others.
Student Success Indirect Support
- Contributes to student success by assisting students with anything that supports their student experience, whether directly or indirectly.
- Helps students navigate their way through the different offices, programs, and services at the university and/or connects students with the appropriate party(ies).
- Connects students with services or resources that can help them with career exploration, goal selection, and ongoing academic assistance.
- Helps students build peer support networks.
- Encourages student participation in out-of-class activities.
- Provides encouragement and guidance to foster student success.
- Treats students with respect
- Maintains the learning environment to ensure quality and/or sound pedagogy.
This job description may not encompass all duties and responsibilities associated with the position.