Assistant Director, Assessment
Basic Position Information
Job Code: 2457
Title: Assistant Director, Assessment
Essential Personnel: N
Job Family: Academic Administration
Job Sub-Family: Academic Affairs
FLSA Classification: E
Job Grade: 15
Grade Min: $58,809
Grade Mid: $70,571
UHD Succession Plan: N
Criticality of Position: N/A
Career Ladder: In-Range
Campus Security Authority: Y
Screening Committee: N
Motor Vehicle Record Check: N
The Assistant Director of Assessment supports degree programs and co-curricular and administrative units within designated colleges and assists staff and faculty in using the results of assessment to improve student learning and program effectiveness. Works with college stakeholders in identifying outcomes and developing assessment instruments, managing juried assessments, coordinating data collection and analysis, summarizing assessment findings, and assisting in the development of assessment and accreditation reports. Maintains college-level documentation needed for regional and discipline-specific accreditation.
- Works with the University's Office of Institutional Effectiveness to ensure alignment of programmatic assessment efforts
- Assists in promoting a university-wide culture of assessment through consultation, instruction, and professional develop administrators
- Assists in securing discipline-specific accreditation
- Assists in maintaining compliance with discipline-specific assessment-related accreditation standards and aligns those efforts with SACSCOC requirements
- Assists faculty, staff, and administrators in designing, implementing, and improving all aspects of the assessment of program-level student learning and effectiveness outcomes to include: - Development of learning and effectiveness outcomes - Conducting curriculum mapping and course/program outcome alignment - Research, development, and selection of valid and reliable assessment instruments aligned to outcomes - Development and coordination of data collection schedules - Facilitation of norming sessions and juried assessment of student work - Analysis and summarizing of qualitative and quantitative data; Drafting assessment reports - Coordination of the implementation of improvement strategies - Collection and archival of materials and information needed to document compliance with accreditation
- Works with the Office of Data Analytics and Institutional Research in identifying data useful for assessment of learning and effectiveness outcomes
- Maintains data confidentiality
- Oversees input of assessment data and reports into the University's assessment management systems
- Some travel may be required
- Performs other duties as assigned
Delegation of Work:
- Train and assign tasks to part-time employees
- Train and assign tasks to part-time employees
- Master's degree
- Minimum of two (2) years related experience
- None required
- Direct experience related to the management and implementation of program assessment and maintenance of regional and specialty accreditation is preferred.
- Experience working with faculty in curriculum, student learning, and/or program assessment is an asset. Involvement with the assessment of co-curricular and administrative units is preferred.
- Experience working with TracDat and e-portfolios is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Proficiency in the use of assessment tracking and data analysis tools, statistical software, and MS Office, including MS Project
- Knowledge of rubric and survey development, rubric norming, basic statistics, and qualitative and quantitative data analysis
- Highly organized, independent, analytical, detail
- oriented and able to work productively in a fast
- paced environment
- Ability to serve as an effective team member in a college with diverse programs
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with a wide range of individuals and College related constituencies as a critical team member in assessment and accreditation
Work Location and Physical Demands
Primary Work Location:
- Works in an office environment.
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior work environment which does not subject the employee to any unpleasant elements. Position is physically comfortable; individual has discretion about sitting, walking and standing. Work environment involves minimal exposure to physical risks.
Position Specific Competencies
Commitment to Excellence - UHD
- Demonstrates a commitment to competently perform his/her job duties and responsibilities within established time frames.
- Continuously strives to improve work performance.
- Accepts responsibility for his/her commitments to the university.
- Contributes to the success of the university by consistently providing quality results in the performance of his/her job duties and responsibilities.
- Takes responsibility to accomplish job assignments within reasonable deadlines.
- Willing to accept new projects and/or commitments.
- Does due diligence to complete projects within specified timeframes and/or fulfill commitments.
- Arrives to work on time prepared and ready to contribute.
Computer/Automated System Proficiency
- Proficient in the use of university applications or automated systems to perform job duties.
- Complies with related policies, procedures, and work rules to maintain system security and data integrity.
- Willingly adjusts to changing work assignments or conditions.
- Open to changes in operational procedures, technology, and/or organizational structure.
- Views changes as opportunities for learning and professional development.
- Displays a positive attitude to encourage others.
- Promptly responds to changes in work priorities and/or unexpected circumstances or situations.
Focus on Customer Service
- Focuses on customer's needs and expectations. (Customers can be students, external constituents, employees, or university guests.)
- Respectfully ascertains customer's needs and determines appropriate response.
- Promptly responds by providing requested information, takes appropriate action, or refers customer to appropriate individual or department.
- If further actions need to be taken, advises customers of realistic timeframes for a response to their request.
- Follows up with customers on outstanding requests in a timely manner.
- Tactfully explains to customers why their needs and/or expectations cannot be met if the university does not provide the requested information or services.
- Demonstrates high ethical standards of conduct in the performance of his/her job duties and responsibilities.
- Accepts responsibility for his/her actions.
- Respects and complies with department and university policies, procedures, and work rules.
- Possesses required job skills and knowledge.
- Demonstrates the ability to apply those skills and knowledge to competently perform his/her job duties and assignments.
Respect and Cooperation
- Treats others with courtesy, respect, and dignity in the workplace.
- Promotes cooperation through open and honest communications and consideration of others ideas, thoughts, and opinions.
Research and Analysis
- Applies knowledge and skills to collect and analyze relevant data and information.
- Assesses benefits and risks, and prepares comprehensive reports of findings.
- Submits recommendations for management's review and evaluation.
Student Success Indirect Support
- Contributes to student success by assisting students with anything that supports their student experience, whether directly or indirectly.
- Helps students navigate their way through the different offices, programs, and services at the university and/or connects students with the appropriate party(ies).
- Connects students with services or resources that can help them with career exploration, goal selection, and ongoing academic assistance.
- Helps students build peer support networks.
- Encourages student participation in out-of-class activities.
- Provides encouragement and guidance to foster student success.
- Treats students with respect
- Maintains the learning environment to ensure quality and/or sound pedagogy.
This job description may not encompass all duties and responsibilities associated with the position.