Basic Position Information
Job Code: 5113
Title: Admissions Recruiter
Department: Undergraduate Admissions
Essential Personnel: N
Job Family: Enrollment Management
Job Sub-Family: Admissions
FLSA Classification: NE
Job Grade: 11
Grade Min: $39,923
Grade Mid: $46,910
UHD Succession Plan: N
Criticality of Position: N/A
Career Ladder: Pre-Defined
Campus Security Authority: Y
Screening Committee: N
Motor Vehicle Record Check: N
The Admissions Recruiter supports enrollment efforts by providing admissions information to prospective students and recruiting for admission into the university.
- Recruits and assists with enrolling prospective students by promoting the university and its academic program offerings.
- Manages an assigned territory of high schools and recruitment sources to ensure that there is a robust increase in inquiries and applicant pools from term to term.
- Monitors the progress of students in assigned territories in relation to admissions and enrollment; maintains and shares up-to date student caseload reports and records.
- Collaborates with colleagues to ensure that prospective students receive regular communications, counsel, and support regarding admission.
- Participates and collaborates in the planning of outreach activities and special events.
- Establishes and maintains contact with various community-based organizations to establish opportunities for expanding the applicant pool.
- Distributes recruitment information to prospective students; organizes, maintains, and promotes admissions and scholarship information.
- Represents the university at college and career fairs, conventions, and student recruitment events.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Delegation of Work:
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum of one (1) year of related job experience
- Must maintain a valid, current driver's license
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of the enrollment process at UHD, and of the related trends, issues, and accepted practices.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Good customer service skills
- Ability to build a rapport with prospective students
- Ability to manage an assigned territory of high schools
- Ability to represent UHD at high schools and at career fairs
- Ability to work with a team
- Ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of individuals and constituencies in a diverse community.
Work Location and Physical Demands
Primary Work Location:
- Spends a minimum of 85% of time conducting field-based recruitment efforts and the remaining time in campus-based efforts.
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior work environment which does not subject the employee to any unpleasant elements and has minimal exposure to physical risks. Must be able to stand for periods of time when speaking to students in scheduled visits (50%), sitting (20%), walking (10%). Must be able to lift up to 10lbs, carry up to 50lbs, and pull up to 10lbs. Must be able to drive within a high school territory.
Position Specific Competencies
Commitment to Excellence - UHD
- Demonstrates a commitment to competently perform his/her job duties and responsibilities within established time frames.
- Continuously strives to improve work performance.
- Accepts responsibility for his/her commitments to the university.
- Contributes to the success of the university by consistently providing quality results in the performance of his/her job duties and responsibilities.
Computer/Automated System Proficiency
- Proficient in the use of university applications or automated systems to perform job duties.
- Complies with related policies, procedures, and work rules to maintain system security and data integrity.
- Takes responsibility to accomplish job assignments within reasonable deadlines.
- Willing to accept new projects and/or commitments.
- Does due diligence to complete projects within specified timeframes and/or fulfill commitments.
- Arrives to work on time prepared and ready to contribute.
- Willingly adjusts to changing work assignments or conditions.
- Open to changes in operational procedures, technology, and/or organizational structure.
- Views changes as opportunities for learning and professional development.
- Displays a positive attitude to encourage others.
- Promptly responds to changes in work priorities and/or unexpected circumstances or situations.
- Demonstrates high ethical standards of conduct in the performance of his/her job duties and responsibilities.
- Accepts responsibility for his/her actions.
- Respects and complies with department and university policies, procedures, and work rules.
- Possesses required job skills and knowledge.
- Demonstrates the ability to apply those skills and knowledge to competently perform his/her job duties and assignments.
Respect and Cooperation
- Treats others with courtesy, respect, and dignity in the workplace.
- Promotes cooperation through open and honest communications and consideration of others ideas, thoughts, and opinions.
Student Success Indirect Support
- Contributes to student success by assisting students with anything that supports their student experience, whether directly or indirectly.
- Helps students navigate their way through the different offices, programs, and services at the university and/or connects students with the appropriate party(ies).
- Connects students with services or resources that can help them with career exploration, goal selection, and ongoing academic assistance.
- Helps students build peer support networks.
- Encourages student participation in out-of-class activities.
- Provides encouragement and guidance to foster student success.
- Treats students with respect
- Maintains the learning environment to ensure quality and/or sound pedagogy.
Focus on Customer Service
- Focuses on customer's needs and expectations. (Customers can be students, external constituents, employees, or university guests.)
- Respectfully ascertains customer's needs and determines appropriate response.
- Promptly responds by providing requested information, takes appropriate action, or refers customer to appropriate individual or department.
- If further actions need to be taken, advises customers of realistic timeframes for a response to their request.
- Follows up with customers on outstanding requests in a timely manner.
- Tactfully explains to customers why their needs and/or expectations cannot be met if the university does not provide the requested information or services.
This job description may not encompass all duties and responsibilities associated with the position.