The Hamill Foundation is a private foundation organized in 1969 as a nonprofit corporation. The Foundation’s purpose is the support, operation, establishment or advancement of any exclusively charitable, educational, scientific or religious activity. We currently funds grants to over 100 charitable organizations located mainly in the Houston area. The Hamill Foundation was named for its founders Mr. and Mrs. Claud B. Hamill.
Thirteen $1,500 scholarships will be awarded for the Fall 2018 term, and $1,000 scholarships for the Spring 2019 term.
- Must be a student enrolled at UHD in at least 9 college credit hours during the Fall 2018 semester,
- Must be completely accepted as a student through the Office of Admissions prior to application deadline,
- Transcripts must be submitted to the Office of Admissions to be considered,
- UHD students currently enrolled must have earned a total of 30 cumulative college credit hours, with a minimum of 12 hours earned at UHD with a 2.25 GPA,
- Transfer students must have earned at least 30 cumulative college credit hours and have a 2.25 GPA,
- Must have received other than a dishonorable discharge from the Armed Forces.