Next Gen Leadership Academy
Next Gen Leadership Academy is a curriculum of workshops and experiences designed to cultivate leadership excellence. The 6-month program provides participants with a relevant and engaging curriculum, strategic coaching, feedback and guidance, meaningful opportunities for self-discovery, reflection and application, and enriching networking experiences. The workshops help current UHD Enrollment Management employees to enhance their leadership competencies as well as develop their leadership potential.
- develop skills in leadership, collaboration, problem solving, strategic thinking, and personal awareness
- formulate meaningful networks and/or collaborative partnerships across disciplines, departments, colleges and communities
- augment their ability to think critically, solve problems, and facilitate change
- value the rich diversity within UHD and our community
- construct solutions to real challenges and opportunities facing UHD
- grow their understanding of Enrollment Management as well as leadership and higher education administration
- develop cultural competence and identify skills to support students in distress
Meetings will be held in-person the second Friday of every month from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. Professional staff must attend all sessions to receive the Next Gen Leadership Academy Certificate and Recognition.
- April 14, 2023
- May 12, 2023
- June 9, 2023
- July 14, 2023
- August 11, 2023
- September 8, 2023
- History of Higher Education & Enrollment Management Funnel
- Authentic Leadership
- Cultivating Inclusive Communities
- Enhancing the Effectiveness of the Mid-Level Leader
- Avoiding Burnout
- The Great Leader Reset
- Relating to Today’s Higher Education Student
- Next Level Presentation Skills
Professional staff within Enrollment Management will have the opportunity to apply and will need to submit the following items by 3pm on Friday, April 7th to be considered.
- Supervisor Approval *obtained by Enrollment Management after selection
Dr. Daniel Villanueva, Jr.
Vice President, Enrollment Management
Manager, Enrollment Management Operations