Skip to main content

Policy for Use of Vehicles Rented or Leased by the Employee for University Business

  1. ​The State Comptroller's Office contracts with car rental agents for use by employees conducting business away from their primary business location. Most rates include unlimited free mileage within the state of rental, free Loss Damage Waiver and free primary liability coverage. Component university employees are required to use a state-contracted car rental agent if that vendor can provide the type vehicle required in the needed location. An exception may be allowed when a less expensive rate for the same vehicle and coverage can be obtained from a non–state contracted vendor (the Loss Damage Waiver and primary liability coverage must be purchased).

  2. ​A vehicle shall be rented or leased in the name of any component of the University of Houston System only if its use is for component university business.


Last updated 11/19/2019 8:56 AM