Hotlines and Other Reporting Options
Options for Reporting Suspected Fraud and Non-Compliance
Employees, students and anyone who does business with the University of Houston-Downtown can report fraud, waste, abuse, non-compliance or misconduct (such as sexual abuse) in one of the following ways:
Fraud & Non-Compliance Hotline website or call 1-800-461-9330. (For those outside of the US, place a collect call to +1-720-514-4400 to report the issue with the help of a call center representative and language interpreter.)
Choose the category for the issue being reported, and provide general information.
- Compliance/Regulation Violations
- Sexual Harassment
- Sexual Misconduct/Inappropriate behavior
If the matter involves sexual misconduct, please note that your report will be referred to the Title IX Coordinator. You also have the option to report directly to the Title IX Coordinator through the Sexual Misconduct Reporting Form.
Provide a written/detailed description, there is also an option to upload materials.
The individual making the report can choose one of the following options:
- Remain completely anonymous (to both the university and the Hotline)
- Remain anonymous to the university (but not the Hotline)
- Identify yourself
When reporters choose to remain anonymous only to UHD, university officials can communicate with the reporter through the Hotline to ask follow-up questions and give the reporter an update about the investigation. If the reporter decides to remain anonymous to both UHD and the Hotline, university officials are not able to ask follow-up questions or give status updates.
Once your report has been submitted:
- Your report will be immediately forwarded to the appropriate individuals within UHD/UH System for review.
- You will also be provided a confidential issue access number and asked to provide a personal password and security question. The access number and password allow you to check the status of the report on the Hotline website, as well as send and receive confidential messages pertaining to your report at any time.
- If you provided an email address, you will also receive email notifications as the report status is updated.
Please note that following issues should not be reported through the Fraud & Non-Compliance Hotline, but rather these departments:
Violent crimes, breaking and entering, or burglary
713-221-8065 On-Campus Non-Emergency
713-221-8911 On-Campus Emergency
Hazardous waste spills
Problems with the building
Environmental Health & Safety
|Problems with the building||
713-221-8065 After Hours and Weekends