A Criminal Justice student gets advised in the Department of Criminal Justice and Social Work Suite C-440 when the student meets one of the following criteria:
- transfer student with 45 hours or more of credit toward the degree plan who seeks advising for the second semester (including summer) and onward; or
- student who started his/her academic career at UHD and who has earned 45 credit hours or more toward the degree.
|Program/Major||Student Last Name||Assigned CPS Advisor||Contact Information||Schedule|
|Criminal Justice||A through L||Lee Smith||C-420|
Sign-Up for an Appointment
Mon, Thu, Fri
8 to 4:30 pm
Tue, & Wed
8 to 9 am
10 to 4:30 pm
|Criminal Justice||M through Z||Tandra Semiens||C-420|
|Email to schedule an appointment|
A Criminal Justice student gets advised in the AAC (university Academic Advising Center) when the student meets one of the following criteria:
- transfer student getting advised for first semester at UHD (regardless of number of hours toward the degree); or
- transfer student who has not earned 45 hours toward the degree; or
- student who started his/her academic career at UHD and who has not yet earned 45 credit hours toward the degree.
The AAC is located in Suite 320 of the One Main Building.
|College Assigned||Position||AAC Advisor||Contact Information|
|College of Public Service||Advisor I||Laura Valentine||N-320P|
|College of Public Service||Advisor II||Tristan Jackson||N-320|
College of Public Service
|Assistant Director of Advising, working with College of Public Service intended majors||Donna Dodson-Tibbs||N-320|
NOTE: The 45 hour mark referenced on the entirety of this page includes any technical credit (police academy or Associate of Applied Arts credit) or military credit that the student will apply toward the requirements of the degree plan. It is important that the student complete all of the required forms to have technical credit
and military credit
applied in the first semester at UHD so that the student’s advisor is appropriately reflected in the degree evaluation.
Important Forms for Criminal Justice Students
Peace Officer Tuition Waiver for CJ Classes