Teaching M.A. with Curriculum Instruction Concentration
Affiliate yourself with groups to network and learn about the field
- The Be a Teacher Club – active chapter at UHD
- Bilingual Education Student Organization (BESO) - active chapter at UHD
- Kappa Delta Pi International Honor Society in Education - active chapter at UHD
- Mathematical Association of America (MAA) - active chapter at UHD
- Urban Educators’ Literacy Society - active chapter at UHD
- National Education Association
- American Federation of Teachers
- National Association for the Education of Young Children
Explore Career-Specific Websites
For students currently employed, consider opportunities within your school district by approaching your employer directly.
What is a Master of Arts in Teaching with a concentration in Curriculum Instruction?
Students pursuing a Master of Arts in Teaching with a concentration in Curriculum Instruction will enhance the skills acquired through undergraduate studies and practical application, and build on their delivery of educational curriculum to underprivileged youth. This program focuses on eight major areas of education, including 1) Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL), 2) English, Language Arts, and Reading, 3) Instructional Technology, 4) Early Childhood Studies, 5) Mathematics Education, 6) Spanish Education, 7) History Education, and 8) Educational Leadership. Students will utilize classroom-based research methodology to support best instructional practices.