Technical Communications Handout
Related Career Titles Search for potential careers/jobs with these position titles
Possible Positions Titles
- Technical Writer
- Science Writer
- Social Media Specialist
- Web Designer
- PR Specialist
- Marketing Coordinator
- Medical Writer
- Web Editor
- Proposal Writer
- Web Writer
- Oil and Gas
- PR and Marketing
- Social Media
- Medical Research
- Law firms
- Nonprofit Organizations
- Engineering & Science
- IT companies
Explore Career-Specific Websites
Professional Organizations Affiliate yourself with groups to network and learn about the field:
- Society for Technical Communication (STC)
- American Medical Writers Association (AMWA)
- Plain Language Association International (PLAIN)
- Public Relations Society of America (PRSA)
- American Society for Training & Development (ASTD)
- American Marketing Association (AMA)
- International Association of Business Communicators(IABC)
Graduate School Considerations *Programs not offered at UHD
- Master of Science in Technical Communication
- Master of Arts in Non-profit Management
- Master of Arts in Public Relations*
- Master of Arts in Rhetoric and Composition
- Master of Business Administration
- Master of Fine Arts in Creative Writing*
- Juris Doctorate (Law School)*
- Master of Arts in Public Administration*
- Master of Arts in Communication Studies*
For internship opportunities, please contact the program director at 713-221-8013.
What is Technical Communications?
The Bachelor of Science in Technical Communications prepares graduates to produce
documents and communicate in digital and print formats, including professional applications
for social media.
- Design information for print and electronic formats.
- Produce materials that address real-world contexts.
- Create documents that meet the needs of diverse audiences.
- Conduct effective research.
- Use ethical standards incitation, visual design and language.