Rhetoric and Composition M.A.
Related Career Titles Search for potential positions titles within multiple career industries.
Possible Position Titles
- College English Instructor
- Dual Credit High School English Teacher
- Fund Development Director
- Communications Manager
- Director of Grant Writing
- Campaign Manager
- Development Coordinator
- Legislative Analyst
- Public Relations
- News & Media
- Libraries & Historical Societies
- Research Charities
- Non-profit Organizations
Affiliate yourself with groups to network and learn about the field:
- National Council of Teachers of English (NCTE)
- Rhetoric Society of America (RSA)
- Modern Language Association (MLA)
- National Communication Association
- National Writing Project
- Council of Writing Program Administrators
- International Writing Centers Association
- Texas Associations of Nonprofit Organizations
- Grant Professionals Association
Explore Career-Specific Websites
Research local organizations offering internships to students pursuing M.A. in Rhetoric & Composition.
- For students currently employed, consider opportunities within your organization or business by approachingyour employer directly.
- For students entering a new industry, schedule an appointment with the Main Career Center for assistance.
What is Rhetoric & Composition (MARC)?
The MARC degree prepares graduates for careers in the teaching of writing, persuasive writing, and serves as a first step to an academic career in rhetoric, composition, and/or English Studies. MARC is the only program in Texas specifically designed to emphasize training in multicultural composition instruction and rhetoric. Courses are offered include:
- Composition theory
- Writing assessment
- Rhetorical theory and history
- Teaching writing to ESL students