Nonprofit Management M.A.
Related Career Titles Search for potential positions titles within multiple career industries.
Possible Position Titles
- Development Director
- Director of Grant Writing
- Project Director
- Program Manager
- Executive Director
- Chief Program Officer
- Fund Development Director
- Volunteer Manager/Coordinator
- Senior Operations Manager
- Director of Advancement
- Development Coordinator
- Museums & Art Galleries
- Libraries & Historical Societies
- Public Broadcasting & Media
- Disease & Disorder Charities
- Medical Services & Treatment
- Medical Research Charities
- Patient & Family Support
- Environmental Conservation & Protection & Parks
- International Development
- Disaster Relief & Humanitarian
- Peace & Human Rights
- Child Sponsorship Organizations
- Wildlife Conservation
- Pet & Animal Welfare
- Hunting & Fishing Conservation
- Zoos and Aquariums
Affiliate yourself with groups to network and learn about the field:
- Texas Associations of Nonprofit Organizations
- Grant Professionals Association
- Association of Fund Raising Professionals
- Houston Society of Association Executives
- Young Nonprofit Professionals Network (YNPN)
- National Organization of Professional Organizers (NAPO), Houston
- Project Management Institute (PMI) Houston
Explore Career-Specific Websites
Research local organizations offering internships to students pursuing M.A. in Nonprofit Management.
- For students currently employed, consider opportunities within your organization or business by approachingyour employer directly.
- For students entering a new industry, schedule an appointment with the Main Career Center for assistance.
What is Nonprofit Management?
This Master of Art degree is an online, multidisciplinary program preparing graduates to manage and lead non-profit organizations of all types. The program focuses on these skills:
- Assessment and strategic planning, Entrepreneurship, Program management, Fundraising, revenue generation and grant writing, Human resources, Marketing, Law and ethics
- Leadership, Board development and team building