All full-time and part-time, benefits-eligible UHD staff members are now automatically inducted as members of the UHD Staff Council. In addition, all new UHD employees become Staff Council members at their New Employee Orientation. Assistant and associate deans, deans, executive directors, assistant and associate vice presidents, vice presidents, the President, student workers and temporary employees are excluded from membership in the Staff Council.
The Staff Council represents the staff’s interests at the University and are responsible for the following:
- Nominating staff members to serve on University-wide committees
- Appointing staff to standing and ad hoc committees
- Preparing and submitting an annual Executive Report, including a financial summary, to University leadership and posting it to the Staff Council website
- Coordinating the annual Staff Council Executive Committee elections
- Preparing and submitting to the President of the University, proposals and position papers on staff concerns
- Making recommendations to appropriate University leadership about staff development programs on topics relative to staff
- Providing collaboration on governance issues
- Conducting one general Staff Council meeting at a minimum each quarter.