Structural Analysis/Design - Structures Laboratory
UHD has a standard concrete research lab (S290) which has a separate dust room next to the research space. It has a capacity of 15 students who can work on a computer, mix design, sampling, batching and curing at the same time. The modern hydraulic jack, freeze-thaw loading cabinet, and high capacity oven make this research lab well-furnished for any size material research.
This research lab also equipped with a sound system, projector and standard concrete work table in addition to all required gears and safety box needed for any material testing. The curing tank, carpentry tools, high capacity digital scale and sieve analysis vibrator are extra equipment which can streamline the research required facilities.
Bench Oven with Dial-Temp. Control
Model selection includes two different sizes of 7 cu. ft., or 10.6 cu. ft., along with varying temperature ranges up to 550°F (287°C), and the affordability of analog temperature control.
Rapid, Freeze-Thaw Cabinet
- Fully automatic operation frees the operator to perform other lab duties.
- Allows users to establish field control using correlations between concrete strength and durability
- Permits the evaluation of variables in concrete properties and conditioning.
- Useful in the evaluation of the durability of aggregates, as well as the properties of admixtures.
Up to eight freeze-thaw cycles are possible within a 24-hour period. But the exact number of cycles is dependent upon the time required for the temperature at the center of the control prism to from 40 to 0°F (4.4 to -17.8°C) and then back to 40°F (4.4°C). The temperature at the center of the control specimen is cycled by means of a 3/4 HP (0.6KW) refrigeration unit and electric resistance heaters with fully automatic controls. An electric temperature recorder with 24-hour, 7-day week chart is incorporated into the unit to accurately maintain a record of the control specimen temperature throughout the testing period. For corrosion resistance and long service life, the system features a stainless steel, 84" x 34" x 11" (213 x 86 x 30cm) cabinet construction with 3" (76mm) insulation on all sides. The internal test compartment measures 6" x 26" x 74" (15 x 66 x 188cm). A 30-amp circuit is required for operation. Meets ASTM C666, procedure A; and AASHTO T161”.
The H-3185SD provides the following capabilities:
- User-created test capabilities are possible, to change freeze time, temperature minimum, temperature maximum and the number of cycles to run.
- Real-time, on-screen testing with graphing, allowing different data views to be chosen.
- Test data can be reviewed after a test is completed, which includes tabulation and graph views.
- Touch-screen interface for easy navigation.
- Export test data to a PC using Humboldt IR Download. This includes report creation for internal or customer usage.
- Connect to the Freeze-Thaw Cabinet remotely for control and/or observation.
©Humboldt Mfg Co. 2019
Humboldt Compression Machine, 300,000lbs (1,334kN)
- Suitable for cylinders, cubes, beams, and cores of standard strength concrete mixes
- 3000 to 300,000 lbf (13.3 to 1334kN) testing range with an accuracy of ±0.5% of indicated load
- Suitable for concrete strength up to 9,000 psi for 6" diameter cylinders
- Standard configuration includes platens to test 6" x 12" (150mm x 300mm) cylinders.
- Three choices of digital control
- Optional test platens and accessories available
Compression Machine 1
Compression Machine 2
Deluxe Slump Cone Test Set
The Humboldt, standard slump cone set provides students with the basic slump test components in an easy-carry configuration. The unique base design allows you to combine the individual components together into a one-piece, portable unit (see photo). The standard set includes our H-3636 cast aluminum base plate, H-3640 slump cone (standard steel), H-3651 tamping rod w/ 6" scale on the handle and H-4901 tape measure. The base includes bolt-on clamps, which hold the slump cone securely during filling and rodding. The integral handle, attached to the base, can be rotated above the specimen once the cone has been removed and used as a guide to measure the slump. There is also an acid-proof crete brush with 20" handle.
Volumetair Air Meter
The volumetair is used for the rolling method of measuring entrained air in any concrete. This ultra lightweight and easy-to-use instrument are supplied complete with the meter, funnel, syringe, tamper, calibration cup, mallet, strike-off bar, and plastic carrying case. The plastic materials used in the construction of this unit not only make it lightweight; but also allow the user to use water for clean-up and small amounts of muriatic acid for periodic cleaning. The sight tube has a range of 0 to 9% and the base volume is 134 cu. in. (2200ml) ©Humboldt Mfg Co. 2019.
Humboldt Concrete Air Meter
Conical Mold for Fine Aggregate
Supports the following standards: ASTM C128; AASHTO T84
Used for determination of bulk and apparent speciﬁc gravity and absorption of ﬁne aggregate. Brass mold is 40mm ID at top, 90mm ID at bottom, 75mm high.
Steel tamper weighs 12 oz (340g) and has 1" dia. (25mm) ﬂat circular tamping face.