St Pius X High School Internship
St Pius X High School
Founded in 1956 by the Dominican Sisters of Houston, St. Pius X High School is a co-educational, Catholic college preparatory school serving students from 129 zip codes throughout metropolitan Houston and reflecting diversity, not only of the city but the globe, as students from more than a dozen nations seek a high school education at St. Pius X.
St. Pius X High School seeks a dynamic, self-starter to assist communications efforts. This internship is an excellent opportunity to experience various aspects of communications for an educational and/or nonprofit organization.
- Maintain and create content for St. Pius X’s social media presence, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
- Assist in planning, writing and managing weekly eNewsletter, email blasts and monthly alumni eNewsletter Draft, distribute and pitch news releases, media alerts and other stories
- Draft, distribute and pitch news releases, media alerts and other stories
- Design flyers, programs, Evites and other marketing materials
- Collaborate with Advancement to identify, prioritize and create new video content
- Shoot and edit video that supports the SPX brand
- Update the SPX website regularly
- Photography on an as-needed basis
- Collaborate with staff on new ideas, directions, and venues for marketing and communications
- Other duties as assigned
- Firm grasp of available tools and platforms in the social media space
- Completed or working toward a college degree, preferably in a related field (e.g., English, Marketing/Communications or Public Relations)
- Previous internship or related experience in marketing or communications is a plus
- Must have working knowledge of Microsoft Office. Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop & InDesign specifically) highly desired.
- Knowledge of HTML and graphic design a plus
- An effective communicator, both written and oral
- Ability to communicate in a professional manner with press and community contacts
- Self-motivated, good organizational skills, detail-oriented, ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines
- Be in good academic standing, maintain a minimum 2.5 Cumulative GPA
This is an unpaid internship
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.