On the Mark Communications Internship
2449 South Boulevard, Suite 105
Houston, Texas 77098
Combined, Houston-based Ashley L. Wehrly of Wehrly Enterprises and Mark Sullivan of On the Mark Communications (OtMC) have more than 30 years of experience in the public relations and media industry. In early 2009, Wehrly and Sullivan created a strategic alliance to serve clients in industries including hospitality, entertainment, music & beverage, beauty, financial services, real estate and technology.
Wehrly Enterprises was founded in early 2009, marking Wehrly’s return to her entrepreneurial roots after selling her first public relations and marketing firm, The Wehrly Marketing Group, in 2006 to work full-time for a client in the financial services industry.
On the Mark Communications was founded in late February 2008 by Mark Sullivan, following his departure from Houston-based Studio Communications, where he developed a strong, high profile portfolio of food & beverage and hospitality clients.
In all, the offices of Wehrly and Sullivan have four full-time, seasoned public relations and marketing professionals.
Wehrly and OtMC pride themselves on their extensive network of personal media relationships, and all four full-time members of the Wehrly/OtMC team are highly active in Houston’s business, social, arts and non-profit communities.
Flexible. Would prefer steady days/times.
We would like for the intern to hone their skills of media relations, event planning and marketing (event and direct) as well as the inner workings of the public relations industry.
- Assist with development of local, regional and national media lists
- Distribute media alerts and press releases to media
- Assemble press kits
- Prepare packages for mass mailings to media
- Assist with compilation of press clippings on a monthly basis
- Assist with development of bylined articles
- Attend occasional client meetings
- Assist with distribution of mailings and faxes
- Conduct Internet and other research as needed
- Be familiar with and be able to locate reference materials in the office
Communications, marketing, journalism or public relations major
Personal transportation to/from work and to/from events
Ashley L. Wehrly