Mercer Society Internship
As one of the most NATIONALLY recognizable brands, ESPN 97.5 is seeking individuals who will be passionate, responsible and dependable for a station that believes in a fun and positive environment. Has to be able to interact with listeners as well as assisting with the execution and coordination of live shows and broadcasts. All internships are non-paid.
- Develop a membership “thank you” program through the coordination and improvement of existing donor recognition and systems, including gift and pledge acknowledgments, special correspondence, and customized reports
- Manage website, including creation of new content and updating of existing areas
- Manage internet and social media presence as well as other electronic methods of keeping The Mercer Society “top of mind” with stakeholders
- Administer donor e-blast communications, writing content, creating attractive layouts consistent with our branding
- Assist with writing of annual fund newsletter, year-end appeal, quarterly electronic newsletters, and program evaluation reports
- Work closely with volunteer event planners to conceptualize, plan, organize and implement the flawless execution of special events primarily The Mercer Society’s annual gala (May) and March Mart (March).
- Attend all development related special events and contribute strong copy and conceptual design ideas for printed materials; invitations mailings, public relations, and follow up from events
- Obtain event sponsorships and provide sponsor packets
- Keep strategy, audience and return on investment as the priorities when creating communications and new initiatives
- Proactive desire and ability to capture compelling stories and articulate them in meaningful ways to multiple audiences is an imperative skill for this position
- Must be a team player who possesses the ability to create a clear, powerful and fine‐tuned message that can be communicated to existing and new audiences that will result in a higher level financial support and volunteerism
- Ability to effectively analyze and communicate outcomes on each initiative (financial and audience reach)
- Exceptional written communication skills as well as the ability to edit original material and the materials of others
- Must be currently enrolled in an accredited college program seeking an education in marketing, advertising, journalism or communications
- Two letters of recommendation from college professors
- 3.0 GPA required
- Available 15 - 20 hours a week
Please e-mail a resume and cover letter, with three references to MSociety@hcp4.net.