Lambda Pi Eta, The National Communication Honor Society
Lambda Pi Eta (LPH) is the National Communication Association’s official honor society at four-year colleges and universities and an accredited organization of the Association of College Honor Societies (ACHS).
The organization’s Greek letters represent the three elements of persuasion as described by Aristotle: logos (Lambda), meaning logic; pathos (Pi), emotion; and ethos (Eta), meaning character credibility and ethics.
As a member of the Pi Mu chapter of Lambda Pi Eta, you will participate in a blend of academic, social and community service activities, present research papers, and attend scholarly presentations.
The mission of Lambda Pi Eta is to:
1. Recognize, foster, and reward outstanding scholastic achievement in communication studies;
2. Stimulate interest in the field of communication;
3. Promote and encourage professional development among communication majors;
4. Provide an opportunity to discuss and exchange ideas in the field of communication;
5. Establish and maintain closer relationships between faculty and students; and
6. Explore options for graduate education in communication studies.
Undergraduate Membership Requirements
- Completion of 60+ semester hours
- Completion of 12+ semester hours of COMM courses
- Minimum overall GPA of 3.0
- Minimum GPA of 3.25 in COMM courses
- Current UHD enrollment
Graduate Membership Requirements
- Complete 12 hours of graduate credit-hours in communication
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.5
- Current UHD enrollment, in good standing
For more information about joining LPH, contact the faculty advisor or
visit the Lambda Pi Eta website.
Apply for Membership