UHD's dynamic campus is located at One Main Street in downtown Houston, easily accessed from all major freeways. For directions on how to get to UHD by freeway, scroll below.
For a closer view of UHD's campus in relationship to the streets of downtown Houston, including parking lots and vehicle entrances, check the
UHD Map. The Parking Office in room N117 (One Main Building) is responsible for UHD Parking permits and tokens.
METRO operates a light rail line that stops on Main Street in front of UHD's campus. A number of bus routes also serve UHD's campus. METRO Bus Passes and Schedules are available, along with tokens, at the Information Center, located on the third floor of the One Main Building.
UHD's dynamic campus is easily accessed from all major freeways. Use the following directions to arrive at the area immediately surrounding campus, then consult the map to find Student and Visitors Parking areas.
- Coming from the east on I-10 (East Freeway), take the Downtown/San Jacinto exit, and follow the access road to Main Street.
- Coming from the west on I-10 (Katy Freeway), take the Downtown/Smith Street exit, turn left on Preston (the first legal left turn), then turn left on Travis Street.
- Coming from the north on US-59 (Eastex Freeway), exit to I-10 West/San Antonio and stay in the far right lane. This will be the lane for the Downtown/San Jacinto exit. Follow the access road to Main Street.
- Coming from the south on US-59 (Southwest Freeway), exit to I-10 West/San Antonio and stay in the far right lane. This will be the lane for the Downtown/San Jacinto exit. Follow the access road to Main Street.
- Coming from the north on I-45 (North Freeway), take the I-10 East/Downtown/Milam Street exit and stay in the left lane, then turn left onto Commerce, which intersects with both Travis and Main Streets.
- Coming from the south on I-45 (Gulf Freeway), exit on Houston Ave./Memorial, turn right to reach Rusk, follow Rusk to Travis and turn left.
- Coming from either Memorial Drive or Allen Parkway, follow either street into downtown Houston, then turn left on Travis or Main Streets.