Installment Payment Plans
UHD offers the option for qualified students to pay tuition and mandatory fees in monthly installments.
Download the Step by Step Instructions Below:
Installment Plan using Posted Financial Aid
If you are a student who has financial aid posted to your account and reflects in the payment portion of your Account Summary but there is a remaining balance for the term, you may be eligible for the Installment Plan in conjunction with Financial Aid. This plan will set up based on the full tuition and fee charges incurred for the term then use the posted financial aid to apply towards the future dated installments. If eligibility criteria are met, this payment option does not require a payment out-of-pocket by the student to secure enrollment for the term.
What you need to know:
DEC 24, 2018 - JAN 12, 2019 AT 2PM
JAN 13 - JAN 23, 2019
|4 Payment Installment Plan available online at 8am ($24 Set up fee added to initial payment) |
FEBRUARY 1, MARCH 1, APRIL 1||Payment Due Date - Installments due 1st of each month after plan is set up.|
- Installment Payment Plans are available in the Fall, Spring, and Summer Terms. This payment option is not available in the May/Winter Mini Terms.
- To avoid any chance of losing your classes, please do not wait until the last minute to make payment or execute the installment plan. The online system gets very busy and you could encounter processing delays or issues.
- The first payment must be made at the time the installment loan is created with the remaining payments due the first day of each month until the end of the semester.
- Eligible students can apply for one Installment Payment Plan a semester.
- This plan cannot be altered once it has been established so it is recommended that students finalize their schedules before selecting this payment option.
- If a payment due date falls on a weekend or holiday, the installment due date will be the next business day.
- There is a seven day grace period on installment payments for the Fall/Spring semesters and any account that does not have a payment posted by the 7th day of the month will incur a $10 late fee. There is no grace period for Summer/Mini semester installment plans.
- The $10 late fee and $50 default fee may be assessed if there is a past due balance on the account, even if installment payments are processed by the given deadline for the current term.
- Accounts that remain unpaid will be sent to our external collection agency and the student will be responsible for all additional collection fees, which may be based on a percentage at a maximum of 33.3% of the debt, and all costs and expenses associated with such collection efforts.
- The initial installment payment carries an additional set up fee of $24 or $16.
- Each delinquent installment payment will incur a $10 one-time late fee.
- The plan must be paid during the term for which it was entered and before registration for future semesters will be allowed.
- Any installment loan not paid in full by the end of the semester will be assessed a $50 default fee.
- Must be enrolled for the current semester.
- Must not have any financial holds with the University or have any past due balances.
Below is an example of the monthly installment plan.
Tuition & Fees Total || $3226.00 ||$8206.00|| $8251.00 |
Divided by 4 || $806.50 ||$2051.50|| $2062.75 |
(including $24 set up fee)
| $830.50 ||$2075.50|| $3580.75* |
Monthly payment Amt
| $806.50 ||$2051.50|| $2062.75 |
TOTAL PAID || $3250.00 ||$8230.00|| $9769.00* |
*(includes health insurance charge of $1494.00. This charge must be paid with the 1st payment)
Summer I semester
Tuition & Fees Total||$1831.00||$4321.00||$4366.00|
Divided by 2||$915.50||$2160.50||$2183.00|
(including $16 set up fee)
*(includes health insurance charge of $501.00 This charge must be paid with the 1st payment)
If you experience any issues or have any questions regarding the Installment Plan Payment Option, please contact the Cashier’s Office at Cashiers@uhd.edu