UHD offers all students (without financial holds) the option to pay their tuition and fees in installments. The number of installments available is determined by the date the installment plan is established and the number of months left until the end of the semester or the next registration period. The total of tuition and fees is divided by the number of payments available, with the first payment having an additional loan set up fee ($24 or $16). International students must pay the health insurance fee with the first payment.
Installment Payment Plans are available in the Fall, Spring, and Summer Terms. This payment option is not available in the May/Winter Mini Terms. Please see below for additional information regarding the Installment Payment Plan Option.
MBA 1st 6 Weeks 2018
|2 Payment Plan ($16 set up fee)||Available online, begins at 8 a.m. on May 1, 2018 and ends on May 17, 2018 at 6:00 PM. |
|June 1, 2018||Installment Plan Payment Due. Payments received after the 1st of the month will incur an additional $10 late fee. |
Summer I/II 2018
|2 Payment Plan ($16 set up fee)||Available online, begins at 8 a.m. on May 24, 2018 and ends on May 31, 2018 at 6:00 PM. |
|July 1, 2018||Installment Plan Payment Due. Payments received after the 1st of the month will incur an additional $10 late fee. |
Summer III/MBA 2nd 6 Weeks 2018
|2 Payment Plan ($16 set up fee)||Available online, begins at 8 a.m. on June 24, 2018 and ends on June 28, 2018 at 6:00 PM. |
|August 1, 2018||Installment Plan Payment Due. Payments received after the 1st of the month will incur an additional $10 late fee. |
Here is an example of how the installment plan works.
| Tuition & Fees Total || $3013.00 ||$7909.00|| $7954.00 |
| Divided by 4 || $753.25 ||$1977.25|| $1988.50 |
| 1st payment|
(including $24 set up fee)
| $777.25 ||$2001.25|| $2764.50* |
| Monthly payments|
| $753.25 ||$1977.25|| $1988.50 |
| TOTAL PAID || $3037.00 ||$7933.00|| $8730.00* |
*(includes health insurance charge of $752.00)
|Tuition & Fees Total||$3620.50||$9740.50||$9785.50|
|Divided by 5||$724.10||$1948.10||$1957.10|
(including $24 set up fee)
*(includes health insurance charge of $1097.00)
Summer II semester
|Tuition & Fees Total||$1700.00||$4148.00||$4193.00|
|Divided by 2||$850.00||$2074.00||$2096.50|
(including $16 set up fee)
*(includes health insurance charge of $397.00)
Additional Installment Plan Information:
- To avoid any chance of losing your classes, please do not wait until the last minute to make payment or execute the installment plan. The online system gets very busy and you could encounter processing delays or issues.
- Students should ensure they are registered for all anticipated/desired courses before executing the installment plan option.
- Multiple installment plans cannot be executed for the same semester and the installment plan cannot be altered once established for a given term.
- The first payment must be made at the time the installment loan is created with the remaining payments due the first day of each month until the end of the semester.
- If a payment due date falls on a weekend or holiday, the installment due date will be the next business day.
- There is a seven day grace period on installment payments for the Fall/Spring semesters and any account that does not have a payment posted by the 7th day of the month will incur a $10 late fee. There is no grace period for Summer/Mini semester installment plans.
- If paying by mail, please allow sufficient time for the mail to be received and processed to avoid late fees.
- Any installment loan not paid in full by the end of the semester will be assessed a $50 default fee.
- The $10 late fee and $50 default fee may be assessed if there is a past due balance on the account, even if installment payments are processed by the given deadline for the current term.
- Accounts that remain unpaid will be sent to our external collection agency and the student will be responsible for all additional collection fees, which may be based on a percentage at a maximum of 33.3% of the debt, and all costs and expenses associated with such collection efforts.
- Students who’s accounts are not in good financial standing may not be eligible for the installment payment option
If you are a student who has financial aid posted to your account and reflects in the payment portion of your Account Summary but there is a remaining balance for the term, you may be eligible for the Installment Plan in conjunction with Financial Aid. This payment option can only be executed online and requires that your posted aid payment meets the minimum initial installment payment as indicated in the Academic Calendar. This plan will set up based on the full tuition and fee charges incurred for the term then use the posted financial aid to apply towards the future dated installments. If eligibility criteria are met, this payment option does not require a payment out-of-pocket by the student to secure enrollment for the term.
Download the online installment plan using financial aid instructions
If you experience any issues or have any questions regarding the Installment Plan Payment Option, please contact the Cashier’s Office at
Cashiers@uhd.edu or 713-221-8196.
Download the online installment plan instructions